Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

2D Panel for Carenado C337

I've always had a thing for the C337 and had been extremely disappointed that Carenado's C337 previously only worked with FSX. When Carenado announced a couple of months back or so that it was releasing an FS2004 version (as part of their decision to release FS2004 versions of a number of their FSX only aircraft) I couldn't log onto Carenado's website fast enough to purchase a copy. In my rush I only glanced, briefly, at the product discription and failed to note that the plane doesn't come with a 2D panel! While I suspose VCs have their uses, I've never liked using one for flying, much preferring a 2D panel to fly with.

So to get to my question, is there a decent 2D panel avaliable for Carenado's C337?

NOW you tell me (G)....sigh...I"ll check it out. Hopefully, it won't cost much (I HATE paying twice for what amounts to the same thing)...

Alternatively, why not use this opportunity to get used to flying in the VC?

The Carenado C337 is pretty addictive, once you fly it a couple of times.. :rolleyes:

Bert

Yes in a properly functional VC like this one, you can get used to flying from there.

TrackIR is almost a necessity, though...

Having said that, I have kept my FSD version as it really is superb, especially given its age.

Well, I find the instruments on most VCs awkward or too difficult to access. I'd rather invest in upgrading my system (which is in bad need of an upgrade) that ought to cost only slightly more than the TrackIR would cost me...