Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

Yellow "No Autoland" message in Engine Display?

Anyone able to explain why this message is appearing in the Engine Display? It is a relatively new phenomena for me, as I haven't seen it before.

Much appreciated!

Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Anyone able to explain why this message is appearing in the Engine Display?

That message is warning you that the autopilot has degraded to a point that an approach can be flown coupled to the autopilot but the aircraft must be landed manually.

It would be best to avoid CAT II/III landings (or verification flights)...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Hi Kenny,

thx for the info.

I have checked the FCOM's & QRH but can't find a troubleshooting guide on how to avoid and/or resolve the warning.

Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Have you checked the failures menu within the FMC? I don't know 100% but you might find something in there and then be able to clear it.

Thx Ryan,

that was the 1st thing I checked prior to looking through FCOM & QRH. No failures enabled anywhere. I'm stumped!

Rgds,

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

I just found an old forum post regarding that this could be an issue if you're starting from a saved flight. If you want LAND 3, also verify that you have the ISFD stand by instruments, and the FAIL-OP engaged in the FMC options menu. Apart from that, try contacting PMDG with a support message.

Thx Ryan,

will check the FAIL OP/PASS. Don't use saved flights.

Incidentally, I just completed another flight today without the No Autoland Caution Advisory Message appearing.....not sure why it didn't poke it's head out this time as nothing had changed. Despite this, I NEVER use autoland in any case. For me, it's the thrill of the manual hands-on landing....was just curious at the message and why I'd never seen it before considering I've been flying the NGX exclusively now for well over 12 months.

Thx again for your input! Much appreciated.

Rgds,

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Looks like you had a failure all right... no idea why it did not appear in the MCDU though.