Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Poor frame rates

Why does this plane perform so badly in the frame rate department? I have the C90 and it works great but the B200 sucks my fames down worse than the pmdg 737 ngx

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Hello,

try to turn the VSI - TAWS off (on/off button on the gauge itself) and the second GNS 530 unit off and see what´s the issue ... these two gauges are the only differences between the B200 and the C90B copckpit!

I saw big differences when limiting the max TAWS range within FSUIPC from 40nm to 20nm too.

Hope that helps!

I just bought the B200 and also noticed a lower framrate than other Carenado aircraft. I probably won't fly it much because of this. I'm pretty disappointed.

As Bert said and also adviced me ... look for somewhat two WX...B200 and WX...B200...manifest files in the FSX/gauges folder and rename their filenames to lets say .BAK ... this will completely disable the WX radar for the B200 ... did this myself and also for the C90B ... and it helps definately! Also again thanks for that Bert!

I have an i7 2600k overclocked to 4.5ghz with a gtx580 and it runs other hd carenado aircraft at 30fps. The B200 runs at about 24fps in VC. I disabled the WX radar as described but it made no difference. I emailed Carenado about this but they have not yet responded. I hope there is a fix for this as it definently makes me think twice about purchasing anymore Carenado aircraft.

I notice that their c182t also has poor frames must be that the glass cockpits suck resources.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Carenado has responded to me in my concerns over low framerate. The told me to lower my settings. This is insulting to me considering I can run their other aircraft at 30 fps. Its not the fsx settings, its the plane. I asked them for a refund and they will not give me one. I will not purchase from them again unless they do. It is unacceptable. I feel like I got ripped off.

Carenado has responded to me in my concerns over low framerate. The told me to lower my settings. This is insulting to me considering I can run their other aircraft at 30 fps. Its not the fsx settings, its the plane. I asked them for a refund and they will not give me one. I will not purchase from them again unless they do. It is unacceptable. I feel like I got ripped off.

The consumer issue aside, and that's not to dismiss your concerns, how does it actually fly at 24 fps. I have quite a few situations where the combination of scenery weather and aircraft won't reach that figure but with frames set to unlimited I can still fly reasonably. Obviously you've a high end system and having paid out for that you expect top performance but I'm sure others reading this would be interested in more detailed feedback. Not top of my "to get list" but one that had caught my attention.

Geoff

Geoff Brown

The consumer issue aside, and that's not to dismiss your concerns, how does it actually fly at 24 fps. I have quite a few situations where the combination of scenery weather and aircraft won't reach that figure but with frames set to unlimited I can still fly reasonably. Obviously you've a high end system and having paid out for that you expect top performance but I'm sure others reading this would be interested in more detailed feedback. Not top of my "to get list" but one that had caught my attention.

Geoff

I can still fly it at 24fps. Its is a beautiful aircraft inside and out and seems to function as it should. I believe the framerate issue has something to do with the gauges or the panel in general. The problem is strange in that it is somewhat intermitant. Sometimes it will drop down to 20 and then go back up to 30 for a second. It usually stays around 24-25 for me. All Carenado's other hd planes I have stay locked at 30fps. I probably should have waited to see what others thought before I purchased it. Live and learn I guess.

probably should have waited to see what others thought before I purchased it. Live and learn I guess.

:unsure: well we've all been there <_<

Mind you as the "Most Regreted FSX purchases" thread makes clear not all reviews can be relied on :huh: .

As glass cockpits become more of a reality in smaller aircraft this drain on resources seems to be an issue. Having flown RW before they were as widely used my flying training was all in analogue cockpits so I prefer models equipped like this but younger and newer pilots will obviously want to see this stuff work in the sim?

Geoff

Geoff Brown