Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

A way to auto enable voxatc for a flight? No atc unit found? ptt issue, best tts?

So far I'm testing out version 6 of VOXAtc and its been great, but i'm finding some things I'd like to fix or find a way around..

*The first thing is finding a way to avoid having to go to the menu and open the voxatc panel by mouse click.. is there some way to have it auto-enable once a flight starts up?

*Another issue I run into, is that if i load a flight thats already in mid air.. or some minor airports, i will get a message that "No atc unit found".. I'm not sure what this implies and there arent many hits on this on the net.. for now i'm assuming maybe it means there is no tower at the airport? (but wouldnt nearby ones cause it to work?)

*Are there a series of TTS voices that are pretty good to buy or free ones to download out there? I'd like to get a good amount to make things even more realistic?

*A final issue is that i've installed this on win 8 at this point and cant seem to get the push to talk button to work on my ch products yoke.. the button shows the correct assignment in the voxatc software, but in fsx it doesnt work (actually none of the voxatc assigned ones do).. i've made sure in fsx that the assignments are cleared for those buttons.

Thanks in advance

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

theskyisthelimit,

*The first thing is finding a way to avoid having to go to the menu and open the voxatc panel by mouse click.. is there some way to have it auto-enable once a flight starts up?

This could be an interesting new feature.

*Another issue I run into, is that if i load a flight thats already in mid air.. or some minor airports, i will get a message that "No atc unit found".. I'm not sure what this implies and there arent many hits on this on the net.. for now i'm assuming maybe it means there is no tower at the airport? (but wouldnt nearby ones cause it to work?)

This depends on your flight plan as some minor airfields simply does not have an ATC unit. Could also depend on the scenery used.

*Are there a series of TTS voices that are pretty good to buy or free ones to download out there? I'd like to get a good amount to make things even more realistic?

Personal preference I think, but IVONA has some good ones and there are others too.

But personally I like the voices that comes with VoxATC better, since you can set these up with filtering and so on, which I think sounds more 'realistic'.

*A final issue is that i've installed this on win 8 at this point and cant seem to get the push to talk button to work on my ch products yoke.. the button shows the correct assignment in the voxatc software, but in fsx it doesnt work (actually none of the voxatc assigned ones do).. i've made sure in fsx that the assignments are cleared for those buttons.

Does the default key button work?

theskyisthelimit,

This depends on your flight plan as some minor airfields simply does not have an ATC unit. Could also depend on the scenery used.

Personal preference I think, but IVONA has some good ones and there are others too.

But personally I like the voices that comes with VoxATC better, since you can set these up with filtering and so on, which I think sounds more 'realistic'.

Does the default key button work?

On the auto enable on start of flight.. i guess for now, using a joystick button works just as well.. mostly.

I'm not sure on the scenery.. i was pretty much in default scenery (tileproxy) and at ocean city md airport as an example. It gave me the no atc unit message. I have used tileproxy with other small airports before and at least the one I use frequently, atc with voxatc is working.

The ch buttons are working now.. strange though.. i dont think i did much.. somehow though, the controls defaulted in fsx.. i reset all of those yet again and now they work. I must have had some weird button conflict that I couldnt find in the assignments listing.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I'm not sure on the scenery.. i was pretty much in default scenery (tileproxy) and at ocean city md airport as an example. It gave me the no atc unit message. I have used tileproxy with other small airports before and at least the one I use frequently, atc with voxatc is working.

Did you have an active flight plan at Ocean City MD?

Actually it's already there:

If you don't see the VoxATC panel go the your ac's panel.cfg file. Open with Notepad.

At the beginning under [window titles] you see "windowXX=VoxATC" (XX ist the number of the window).

Scroll down to this window number. It should look like this:

[WindowXX]

visible=1

position=4

size_mm=400,200

pixel_size = 400, 200

background_color=0,0,0

ident=14077

zorder=5

alpha_blend=0.65

gauge00=VAGauge!VoxATCPrompt,0,0

If the value "visible=" is set to 0 (zero) you will have to open the panel manually. If it is set to 1 (I think that's the default setting) it opens with the start of the flight.

Andreas

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

If you don't see the VoxATC panel go the your ac's panel.cfg file. Open with Notepad.

At the beginning under [window titles] you see "windowXX=VoxATC" (XX ist the number of the window).

[WindowXX]

visible=1

position=4

size_mm=400,200

pixel_size = 400, 200

background_color=0,0,0

ident=14077

zorder=5

alpha_blend=0.65

If the value "visible=" is set to 0 (zero) you will have to open the panel manually. If it is set to 1 (I think that's the default setting) it opens with the start of the flight.

Andreas

Andreas,

I know this already, but as I understand the OP, he wants VoxATC to be auto-enabled (started automatically via the Enable button) not just a popup window from flight start.

Andreas,

I know this already, but as I understand the OP, he wants VoxATC to be auto-enabled (started automatically via the Enable button) not just a popup window from flight start.

Yeah, auto enable would be fine.. but this trick for getting the window to appear would be great too. Just hitting the button on the yoke doesnt seem to bring it up.

The secondary question is how to get fsx to remember the panel positions for this and other things like gps (i've seen one possible answer using a 3rd party tool but it seemed to be more effort than just going to instruments and clicking on the items etc).

... The secondary question is how to get fsx to remember the panel positions for this.

Just to check it out: try changing the line "position=4" in panel.cfg to another number.

Andreas

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

"No AtC unit found" usually means that no flight plan was saved with the flight. I often find that for some reason saved flights have discarded their flight plans and I have to load the flight, load the flight plan and then save the flight again before starting VOX.

Michael Cependa

Developer Aerosoft DC-8

... The secondary question is how to get fsx to remember the panel positions for this.

Just to check it out: try changing the line "position=4" in panel.cfg to another number.

Andreas

[WindowXX]

visible=1

position=4

size_mm=400,200

pixel_size = 400, 200

background_color=0,0,0

ident=14077

zorder=5

alpha_blend=0.65

Andreas

I checked in panel.cfg.. it was set to visible=1

I also tried changing the position value as well..

In either case, voxatc (or gps for that matter) are hidden on launch of fsx flight (saved flight).. if i press say shift + panel number.. they appear..

Not sure what i'm missing to have them auto be visible at the start of the flight/load of aircraft. I made sure that i changed each panel.cfg, in some cases there were more than one depending on variant. I also have the setting Type=SPECIAL to keep the windows from disappearing when toggling full screen.

"I also have the setting Type=SPECIAL to keep the windows from disappearing when toggling full screen. "
I would like

I checked in panel.cfg.. it was set to visible=1

I also tried changing the position value as well..

In either case, voxatc (or gps for that matter) are hidden on launch of fsx flight (saved flight).. if i press say shift + panel number.. they appear..

Not sure what i'm missing to have them auto be visible at the start of the flight/load of aircraft. I made sure that i changed each panel.cfg, in some cases there were more than one depending on variant. I also have the setting Type=SPECIAL to keep the windows from disappearing when toggling full screen.

I would like to have this as well, is it just a matter of adding this whole string as above please?

regards

David

Regards
David
  • rep_up.png
  •  

Hi,