Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

B777 KLM 597 Capetown Take Off Engine sound

If you think RR Conways are a little on the quiet side then listen to this. I take no responsibility at all for the destruction of your sound system if you choose to watch this video with the sound turned on. Listen at your own risk!!

I had the pleasure of watching a few VC-10 departures not to long ago here in Calgary. Was much louder than I thought (I was thinking something along 727 level). All your boys heading in and out of Suffield. October was especially a good time to catch a good group of RAF L1011 and VC10 movements as your troops escaped for the winter ;). Haven't seen the VC10 though in over a year...must be winding that aircraft down.

I had the pleasure of watching a few VC-10 departures not to long ago here in Calgary. Was much louder than I thought (I was thinking something along 727 level). All your boys heading in and out of Suffield. October was especially a good time to catch a good group of RAF L1011 and VC10 movements as your troops escaped for the winter ;). Haven't seen the VC10 though in over a year...must be winding that aircraft down.

It's due to go out of service in 2013. currently there are only six active. It's unlikely that one will be kept airworthy, though there is a move to try for that.

I have been rewriting the vc10 sound.cfg so that compressor noise is audible from inside. It's a real nightmare as the sound bite is looped after only 3 seconds. To get the right balance of thrust and speed is really difficult as engine sounds are linked only to the throttle and cannot be changed by increased airspeed. Great for propeller driven a/c but for jets it doesn't work so well. I've also included the avionics fans from a recording of a flight from Nairobi. so now the cockpit ambience has become quite realistic.

I see they dont hand out ear muffs, on the IL-62, they really really should, i can see quite a few future cases of tinitus coming up. ( It drove my tinitus nuts) Whats that sonny cant quite hear ya

jeff

The IL-62 engines sound a bit rough to say the least! At least the RR Conways were properly tuned. They give the VC10 that famous trade mark howl at low revs.

Does anyone have the Il-62 in their sim collection? What is the sound.cfg file like?

Did you notice the aileron upfloat in the video? Seemed more that 7% (that of the VC10)