Sign in to follow this  
charliep

Transparent textures

I'm having transparent textures for external views of C208 and C208HD. The pilot door, cargo doors, and rudder are visible, but nothing else. Saw where a couple of guys asked about this last year, but, saw no replies. Carenado support hasn't found a solution yet, wanted me to install FSX SP2 over Acceleration ???

Anyone have a clue as to what to do to fix?

Thanks

FSX Gold on Athlon X2 245 2.9 Ghz, 4MB RAM, Radeon HD4650 1 GB video card (Runs fine with this low end box)

EDIT :

Problem solved with help from Carenado support. Appears that the EXE did not run the dll's that are part of the package on first run. After deleting tyhe fsx.cfg (*actually just copied it to another dir) Ran fsx and the dll's started and all is well.

Thanks a bunch Carendao suppoert.

C E Parsons

Just bought the C208 and cargo option. External textures show up fine, but in cockpit view, I get the gauges but no panel or airframe textures. Transparent cockpit I guess - hmmmm, not an option I really care for that much. Did an uninstall and fresh install. Same problem. I am running CH yoke and throttle quadrant - mixture and prop control levers work fine, throttle does not. Switches in the cockpit appear to work, although I did not go too far too down the checklist to see if they were all functional. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Ron

Windows 7 64 bit, FSX Gold, Intel i7 920 @2.67, 8 Gig Ram, ATI Radeon 5800

I'm having the same issue rsquared432 was having.  Any fix for this?   Transparent cockpit textures and "sticky" throttle (it appears to increase but pops back to idle)

I too have had this problem for quite some time.  I sure would like to see a fix for this problem as I would love to fly the Caravan!

John

jbutcher,

Open the following directory and install Simconnect which will fix the Caravan.

P3DV2 sometimes wont install the required simconnect files. No worries though as they are provided by Lockheed in the following directory;
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

Cheers,

John

Did anyone find a solution to this in P3Dv3?  I'm having the same issue, except it's just text texture on the centre console missing (I also have the throttle sticking issue).

The fix noted above won't work as those entries don't exist in the p3d.cfg file as far as I can tell.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I reinstalled with antivirus turned off and that seemed to do the trick.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU