Sign in to follow this  
popi

Where Can I Find The 737-700NGX Seating Capacity

I have found the weight config but the seating capacity is not on that page.

Where is the page number in the manual.

Seating options, being variable by airline, aren't really a concern when writing the manual. You can find the seating capacity when you're setting your payload inside of the sim using the CDU.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

I was looking for seating capacity -- 1 class Dense

1 class Typical

2 class Typical

OK. It's not in the manual, like it was in the "737 classics" manual. That's understood. The seat count is changing.

Southwest Airlines found a way to add another row in the 737-700NGX, increased to 143 seats.

Kyle,

I was looking for seating capacity -- 1 class Dense

1 class Typical

2 class Typical

OK. It's not in the manual, like it was in the "737 classics" manual. That's understood. The seat count is changing.

Southwest Airlines found a way to add another row in the 737-700NGX, increased to 143 seats.

You can't do that in the NGX. You have two options to choose from - 2 class and 1 class layout. Both have fixed number of seats.

You can't add/subtract seat number. Before you break into "but airline x has y seats and NGX doesn't have it and it isn't realistic/cool/etc", just chillax and deal with it. All in all, pax are just weight. Throw some pax into luggage compartment. Number of seats doesn't affect in any significant way.

In order to change between cabin layout please refer to PMDG 737NGX Introduction manual, page 60 (0.00.60). In order to get there you'll have to go through PMDG Setup and then Aircraft -> Equipment.

That's just the thing though. There is no standard. Go look at all of the different airlines. Each one will have a different number, so even with a broad brush one/two class, dense/normal, it really makes no difference. Aviation life is not as regulated and structured as many simmers think. Note that if you look at Boeing, they list "typical" arrangements, because it's up to the customer in the end. It's not some hard-set value.

If I wanted to, I could have a 5 class config in a 73, but it probably wouldn't be space or cost effective.

Kyle Rodgers

If I wanted to, I could have a 5 class config in a 73, but it probably wouldn't be space or cost effective.

Reminded me one comic on Oatmeal. I would post the link here, but that's not exactly a "suitable material" for such public forum :D.

A 700 can have anywhere from 0 to 149 seats. Take your pick.

Hi all,

On the pmdg 737 800 ngx in the fmc you can go fsactions>> payload, and in there will be your passenger options, for example

Virgin Australia has 12 in first class and 150 in coach class so there is a possible 162 passengers

On the 800 u can select how many passengers you want eg

First class eg- 7/12

Coach class eg- 146/150

I'm not sure about the 700 as it may be different