Sign in to follow this  
MarkDH

Failed to retrieve current aircraft information...

Update. I rechecked my back up files and did find MCE V2.4.7.4. Uninstalled V2.5.1.2 and installed V2.4.7.4 I am able to run with PMDG 747NGX with V2.4.7.4 but not V2.5.2.1. Also none of the Captin Sim's will work with either version.

Now, I did load up FS9 once and had no issues with default or add-on aircraft. FS9 is installed on C Drive. (Another reason I have FSX on F: is that it is a SSD drive.)

So that once again points to the F: drive installation as being somehow the culprit, right? Surely the hardware if it is the issue would affect both sims?

Intel Ivy Bridge Core i7 3770 Socket 1155LGA at 3.4GHz, Asus P8H77-M Motherboard

Western Digital 2 TB WD2002FAEX-007BA0 ATA drive

INTEL 60Gb SSDSC2CW060A ATA drive

Cheers

Dave

Have you contacted them through support email? Found out my problem was too many add-on aircraft. Between the aircraft installed and repaints I have over 300 aircraft config files that MCE was trying to access. Email support was able to sort out the issue, now up and running as it should, although will need to test further just to be sure no additional problems. I wish to state their support has been fantastic. Never had such good services as the folks at MCE provide.

Would appreciate if the 3 users affected could list the chipset they are using as well as the hard drive make and model.

My chipset is Intel Z68 Express (GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 mobo). FSX drive (F:) is a Western Digital Velociraptor (WD3000HLFS). The system drive is a Western Digital WD3200AVJS.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Woo, quick update! As of yesterday the message from FS++ is that they found a specific bug that accounted for this problem and have now fixed it. Having tried the fixed version I am ready to believe it. I only had time to try five of my 'problem' aircraft (it was 11:30pm on Sunday night) but all worked without any issues. And when I say 'without any issues' you have to understand that MCE has in general been very fragile for me and crashed frequently, especially when switching aircraft. Glad to say I had no MCE crashes at all and I flew around trying out ATC successfully (within the limits of FSX's rubbish ATC) with several of my favoured aircraft. I look forward to trying out some of my other know 'problem' aircraft to reassure myself all is well.

I have to commend the technical support at FS++. Although if you followed this thread it appeared nothing much was happening, that is not the case and I have lost count of the late-night debug builds I have been emailed to try and nail this down. So, top marks for effort and hopefully this has fixed things for the other two participants too.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

+100. Fabulous support and looks like the problem is sorted. One thing though, anyone have the MilViz 310 working successfully. I have a ref file for it and it won't work. Everything else is AOK! DISREGARD - 310 Now working!

Dave