Sign in to follow this  

Hi guys, recently I bought a new cpu and mother board for my computer. I bought a amd FX-8320 processer. 3.5-4.0 ghz and 8 cores. I have 6gigs of ram and a 1tb harddrive. My video card is an amd hd6700 which I have ran many games on including fs9 with rex and many other hardcore addons included on it with like 90 fps. I mostly bought a new processer to run fsx faster sadly I didnt see much difference. Can someone please help me, I heard that I should be able to run fsx faster but I only get 15-20 fps someone please help.

Your problem seems to be the FX series, it's IPC is even worst then the Phenom's and FSX is an IPC eater. Try overclocking that Vishera to around 4.4/4.8 and use bojotes tweak and shadermod for the clouds for ATI cards.

I was planning on buying the Vishera but till date I only have one person saying that FSX stills lags in Vishera hence I am going for an i5 3570k next month hopefully and the upgrade is only for FSX, else I am loving my Phenom and X3.

let us know.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Your problem seems to be the FX series, it's IPC is even worst then the Phenom's and FSX is an IPC eater. Try overclocking that Vishera to around 4.4/4.8 and use bojotes tweak and shadermod for the clouds for ATI cards.

I was planning on buying the Vishera but till date I only have one person saying that FSX stills lags in Vishera hence I am going for an i5 3570k next month hopefully and the upgrade is only for FSX, else I am loving my Phenom and X3.

let us know.

Ok thanks for the info but before I do that, my brother told me that I can probaly burn out my motherboard if I over clock my cpu is it safe to do?

if I over clock my cpu is it safe to do?

Depends on the motherboard , you could list your mobo model. If your board has 3+1 or 4+1 or 4+2 phase than OC'ing on it would be dangerous and could result in a burn situation.

You should always look at the Phase if you plan to overclock.

tell us your motherboard model.

Depends on the motherboard , you could list your mobo model. If your board has 3+1 or 4+1 or 4+2 phase than OC'ing on it would be dangerous and could result in a burn situation.

You should always look at the Phase if you plan to overclock.

tell us your motherboard model.

my motherboard is a MSI 760GM-E51

I don't think that board is more than 3+1 or 4+1.

I heard that I should be able to run fsx faster but I only get 15-20 fps someone please help.

But surely this is your own subjective observation. There are a heap of tweaks that you can do that will increase your performance, just how effective they will be depends upon your present cfg and FSX slider settings. Saying you only get 15-20 fps, is with respect, completely arbitrary. Under what flying scenario do you experience these frames? If it's in clear weather flying a default aircraft then sure, you have a major flaw somewhere. However, if you are flying in bad weather, with lot's of addons, at a heavy airport then that may be expected. I don't wish to teach you how to suck eggs, and if that is the case then I apologise, but I always think there's not enough talk about the actual FSX slider settings and how they can have a massive impact on performance. The trick is to change your FSX settings dependent on your type of flying and the conditions you are going to be flying in. AI traffic, light bloom, aircraft shadows, ground shadows, cloud coverage and water all have a big impact on frames, not to mention of course autogen.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

As I said , the FX series does not have good IPC, and FSX drinks IPC so you may need to overclock but that board of yours may not be more than 4+1 phase so it would be a risk to OC except a mild one, your HD 6700 series is again low-mid level gaming card, I had a 6750 and chose to switch to 7750 much better now.

Now depending on the scenery settings and add ons your fps will fluctuate. First run your fsx.cfg through Bojotes tweaking tool , second use the shadermod from bojote as this for the ati cards.

You should use lower resolution on the 6750 and check which AA etc settings minimizes your frame rates.

Keep water to High 1.x, special effects low , autogen (Very Dense and Dense) switch OFF light bloom and flare.

DO these things and let us know.

As I said , the FX series does not have good IPC, and FSX drinks IPC so you may need to overclock but that board of yours may not be more than 4+1 phase so it would be a risk to OC except a mild one, your HD 6700 series is again low-mid level gaming card, I had a 6750 and chose to switch to 7750 much better now.

Now depending on the scenery settings and add ons your fps will fluctuate. First run your fsx.cfg through Bojotes tweaking tool , second use the shadermod from bojote as this for the ati cards.

You should use lower resolution on the 6750 and check which AA etc settings minimizes your frame rates.

Keep water to High 1.x, special effects low , autogen (Very Dense and Dense) switch OFF light bloom and flare.

DO these things and let us know.

ok so I went from 10 fps to 20 fps 20 with water on high 1.x and max weird but I still have alot of traffic max as a matter of fact what else should I do? getting 15-20 fps in major cities like Honolulu and the bay area.

Traffic settings ? you say traffic is on max ? then you got to lower it. Honestly not many fellows know the performance of the Bulldozer with FSX.

No special effects .

But let us try.

Have you used bojotes tweaks ?

try flying in KLGA or kjfk

On my phenom when flying in KLGA or kJFK I pull around 22 fps with lows to 15.

Traffic settings ? you say traffic is on max ? then you got to lower it. Honestly not many fellows know the performance of the Bulldozer with FSX.

No special effects .

But let us try.

Have you used bojotes tweaks ?

try flying in KLGA or kjfk

On my phenom when flying in KLGA or kJFK I pull around 22 fps with lows to 15.

I was getting 7 fps in jfk with max traffic and on medium high i was getting around 17-20 that made a big difference :) but honestly im thinking about going back to fs9 with pmdg rex+ overdrive and all that good stuff, only switched to fsx because all the newer and more higher quality addons were comming out for it basicly going with the times, but it seems my upgrades werent good enough :/

You could go low on the traffic, special effects , water. autogen .

FSX is very friendly with Intel.

Certain airports which are densed buildings your fps will drop , same here dense cities cause me fps drop.

You could go low on the traffic, special effects , water. autogen .

FSX is very friendly with Intel.

Certain airports which are densed buildings your fps will drop , same here dense cities cause me fps drop.

but not friendly with amd or ati ): or atleast to my experince for the past 5 years ive had it sitting around in my home...