Sign in to follow this  
Crusader2

Is there a current dual ORBX install list for P3D ?

I guess I should have reworded the question better . From ORBX's site , they are working hard at updating the dual installers to allow direct installation into P3D . From what I've read , they are mostly done and The Flightsim Store (FSS) is working to get them into our Account section at FSS . Unfortunately our Account section there do not list them(P3d installers) as being done . I did see a list at ORBX stating which installers were completed but it was dated in October . Just wondering if there was anything current floating around somewhere . The airports I am referring to are some of the older ones ( 2011 ) . Anything that came out in 2012 already has the dual direct installer FSX/P3D .

Thanks ,

Rich

Hi Rich.

Appears that "Ed" doesn't find the time to update that list.

In fact several packages have been updated so far.

The easiest way is to look at your FlightSimStore account at "account history" -> "downloadable files"

Those files that have been updated usually have reset the download counter to "100".

2nd hint is the option to download from 3 different sources. If your download starts immediately, then it is the old FSX Version.

If you could choose where to download from, then it is the new released FSX/P3D Version.

Unfortunately the four AU SP3 files haven't been updated so far. Most Australian Airports and even the Lancaster IV-P already have dual installers.

Ralf

Thanks Ralf . I'll have another look at my Account History again to see what has been reset .

Rich

Hi,

The way I did it is to check the products page in FSS and at the top it will tell you which platforms.

Some still say FSX so I used the Estonian tool thingy to put in to Prepar3d...works a treat

hi,

What about the installers that are on the DVD's...?

I keep up buying all the stuff the guys from ORBX are producing.

When I started this obsession, I just bought the DVD's but lately I switched over to the download versions.

And now I am wondering what will happen with the installers that are on those DVD's.

I know I can use the migration tool but that assumes a side by side installation which I really want to avoid for a number of personal reasons.

Luc Brusselmans

Belgium

ps. Prepar3d website is still down...

G'day Luc,

I may get into trouble for saying this but if you trick the DVD into thinking that P3D is FSX then it seems to install OK. This can be done by a Registry Tweak and a "dummy" FSX.EXE in the Prepar3D root folder. Please don't quote me and the risk is yours. I have the same problem and no official solution as yet.

Cheers, Mac

Mac,

thanks for the tip.

I'd rather not go that way because I'm afraid that some parts on the dvd (dll.files) are not completely compatible with prepar3d.

But maybe I should give it a try.

Luc Brusselmans

Belgium

For the download version Orbx have supplied at a steady rate fresh downloads with a P3D launcher option.

However I have the disc versions of most of the regional scenery. Remember up until NZNI and EU these did not have any flow components, but the latter two have P3D launch options. Therefore I just used a registry cheat, initially one of my own devising, then the FSXtoP3D payware version. Whichever way make sure you copy the fsx.exe file from within your fsx root folder and paste it into the similar P3D root or main folder. This is essential to provide a target.

Then run your CDs as usual, making sure that the address for the destination folder is Z;P3D or whatever you have.

You can also install your payware airfields. Those without flows don't matter, but those with just install as is. I can tell you how to get the flows back, but why don't you go to the FTX website and the helpful people will tell you all about how to do it.

All recent payware airports have a dedicated P3D installer - all you need to make sure is that you have your FSX cheat turned off.

You're right the Flows require a DLL entry, and FTX can tell you how to do it. (Hint just run the module installer within each folder in the country folder in the Orbx folder in P3D if you get my meaning!

This LINK provides a step by step method of the small registry "hack" needed to load virtually all your FSX compatible scenery and SimObject DVD's directly into Prepar3D. No guarantee goes with this and no responsibility accepted but I have not had any complaints either.

PS if your airfields are downloads, you have much fewer problems. Orbx are busy modifying them to include native P3D installers. So just go back into FSStore or wherever you dl'd from and redownload and install direct and without hassle.