Sign in to follow this  

EDIT - Just realized the title was wrong, should be 2560x1440

Hey all,

I currently am running FSX on a 22" monitor @ 1680x1650. I am looking into getting a 27" Catlep/Crossover IPS panel that runs @ 2560x1440. My question is will my GTX670 FTW with 2GB of memory will continue to run the sim with similar FPS at the higher resolution or should I look into a card with more memory?

Edited by McLaren

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

Think the memory is ok and no need for 4gb and 680 is not much faster.

And You have the raw POWER from the CPU

Well I bit the bullet and purchased the monitor last night, should be here some time this week. I will report back with results. Thanks all for the info.

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

I'm thinking of this monitor too, would be glad to hear how you make out...

Monitor is fantastic. Made my first full flight with it yesterday. I really did not realize what I was missing out on in terms of detail/visuals on my 5 year old 22" LCD monitor. The resolution is outstanding both in FSX, and BF3. It really is a game changer.

As far as logistics: 1) Payment and Shipping went smoothly. Ordered the Monitor on Sunday night (Eastern Time, so Monday morning in Korea) and it would have arrived on Wednesday Morning (ET) but no one was around to sign so I ended up getting it on Thursday. Purchased from Green-Sum on eBay and they contacted me when the monitor was shipped and again to make sure I got it and to see if there were any issues. 2) Stand/Desk setup was a bit less than optimal. Long story short I already knew that the stand would be bad, so I ordered a 3-monitor arm to mount on the back of my desk for the 27" and two 22" monitor (Main FS computer would have the 27" on the video card and one 22" connected to the onboard video. The 2nd 22" connected to my media server/charts, AS, FSInn computer. The stand connected to the desk with a C-Clamp but due to the deign of the desk I could not get it stable enough to support the weight of the monitor arm, let alone the monitor so now I am using the stand that came with the Catleap, it is pretty wobbly but for now I have used a small piece of wood to stabilize it, a bit of an eyesore but I can live with it until I figure out how to make the monitor arm work, or maybe just get a new desk (this one was suppose to be a temp. fix for when I moved to a new place 8 years ago, never got around to getting a proper desk and now might be the time.

I hope to get another test flight in tonight with some different Inspector settings to compensate for the bigger resolution but even with the settings I have now (Windowed mode with Forced VSYNC and FPS set to 1/2 refresh rate and locked at 30 in FSX per Word Not Allowed) it is good, more to satisfy my curiosity than anything else. Anyone who is thinking about this, I would highly, highly recommend it. Over the last 6 months or so I have built my new rig and started using FSX, the best single purchase I have made so far is this monitor or my SSD upgrades, I would put it in the "gamer changer" category for sure.

- Jordan Jafferjee -