Sign in to follow this  
iEscape

Looking for something to hold me over....

I think it's just the basic/winglets version.

Thought so - has it got the same distance as the 800?

has it got the same distance as the 800?

According to wikipedia, fully loaded 738 (basic) is 3060 NM and the 738 (winglets) is 3115 NM. The -900ER has similar numbers so I would think that the -900 is similar in range to the -800 but with a few more passengers.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

According to wikipedia, fully loaded 738 (basic) is 3060 NM and the 738 (winglets) is 3115 NM. The -900ER has similar numbers so I would think that the -900 is similar in range to the -800 but with a few more passengers.

Ah okay - cheers :-)

Gave up on patience and stumped up for the 747 instead of the NGX having not had a PMDG product before. I was going to wait until the 777 and then the 747 V2 although I decided that the predictions were just that predictions and I could be waiting until next summer until I fly the T7 yet alone the V2, and no that's not when I think it will be but it could in some scenario not come out until then. I am most definitely going to get the T7 and I'm pretty sure I'll upgrade my 747 at some stage too so buying the 747 as a stop gap doesn't bother me too much. At the time of purchasing the 747 about a week ago I decided to go with it instead of the NGX purely because not only do I like long-haul but it was my introduction to PMDG and it's status among some as a "relic" would help me prepare. As with the T7 and V2 I will almost certainly buy the NGX, maybe next week to mix up with flights in the Queen now I know her well enough.

Ross Coveney

Gave up on patience and stumped up for the 747 instead of the NGX..

Not a bad idea mate - that means the 777 will be a completely new and exciting experience for yourself. That's a reason why I didn't want to get the NGX - but I caved in after a while, I didn't want to get into the 777 and be used to the quality etc straight away. If that makes any sense ha..

Not a bad idea mate - that means the 777 will be a completely new and exciting experience for yourself. That's a reason why I didn't want to get the NGX - but I caved in after a while, I didn't want to get into the 777 and be used to the quality etc straight away. If that makes any sense ha..

Yeah it does, like everyone else who seems to poke their head in round these parts I'm just desperate for the 777. The 747 will keep me going for a bit but for me and I assume for others as well their minds will be drifting a little ;).

Ross Coveney