Sign in to follow this  
iEscape

Looking for something to hold me over....

was also considering the level-D 767, any thought?

I love it and still fly it but it is old. Even with the VC texture upgrade its a bit long in the tooth. If you're looking for a great VC this isn't it but it is a fantastic system simulator.

was also considering the level-D 767, any thought?

Wow. Ancient history!

Hmmm, what a cruel thing for me to think, let alone say, about what used to one of the most cutting edge products available for FSX. It was the product that set a whole new standard for systems simulation, and still stands head and shoulders above most products available on the market in this area, but... it just feels so old and dated that I find it almost painful to use now.

This being a PMDG forum then of course the MD-11, it really is fantastic! However, if you are looking for something to take up significant learning time while waiting for the 777 to land then may I suggest the Flight Sim Labs Concorde-X. I have it but am leaving it till retirement, some 20 years off. A very complex aircraft indeed.

Let me preface this reply with I am a total novice ... er ... NOVICE.

I just got the 737NGX about two weeks ago, very impressed. Lots of reading to do.

I wonder if a freeware option is worth considering, the price is right.

Perhaps the Project Tupelov 154B??

http://www.protu-154.net/index_e.html

Seems to have a involved procedure for starting from cold and dark at least, and the russian callouts are different...

This is a good question.

A bit of my PMDG snobbery coming through as I have both the 747-400 & -800 as well as the MD-11.

Bought the Wilco 777 several years ago and warn it is a total waste of money in my opinion. Don't even have it in my system anymore.

You'll learn some good FMC and other flying skills with the MD-11.

As far as waiting for the PMDG 777... join the back of the long long long line.

I'm in the same boat as Tom (White Knuckle) re: the Flight Sim Labs Concorde X. I have it but not able ti make the investment in time right now to learn how to properly operate this beautifully created aircraft. Fly on it from EGLL-KJFK 30 years ago.

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

If anyone knows of any other great products post them :). I'm leaning more towards the MD-11. The Concorde does seem very interesting. But if you guys feel it's that a big time investment I will most likely be on the same boat.

Hello iEscape, It appears to me in your opening paragraph that you are getting a bit fed up with the 737NGX (assuming you have it), This aircraft should keep you interested until the 777 arrives and saving you money. Richard Welsh.

Hello iEscape, It appears to me in your opening paragraph that you are getting a bit fed up with the 737NGX (assuming you have it), This aircraft should keep you interested until the 777 arrives and saving you money. Richard Welsh.

The 737 NGX is a great aircraft, But I can't use it for all of the flights i'd like to do. I'm looking to do some more long hauls, crossing the pond etc. Something to broaden my flight sim experience.

I have PMDG 737/MD11/747 and CS 767... I love777 and being said already CS777 is at 0.9 not yet finalized and PMDG 777 under construction also, i did a search and I read about POSKY 777 which is a freeware, i do realize its not at the quality level of a payware but still it gives an idea about the plane anf for free...it did not have an FMC so i downloaded one from AVSIM library and inserted it. Its just a basic one.

Now i will continue waiting the 777 PMDG...and meanwhile i fly all other planes i have in my hangar...

Please read the AVSIM review http://www.avsim.com/pages/1008/Posky/777.htm

I downloaded POSKY 777-200 pack from http://www.rikoooo.com/en/ and it comes with BA/Emirates/American and Air France liveries. Though POSKY do have an archive web page http://poskyarchive.com/ but i found it easier to download it from the other website.

The Honey well FMC from http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=fmc&CatID=fsx

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

The 737 NGX is a great aircraft, But I can't use it for all of the flights i'd like to do. I'm looking to do some more long hauls, crossing the pond etc. Something to broaden my flight sim experience.

a bit off topic : there s one thing i wish the md11 had that the 777 cargo bariants have and that is a more controlled surface on the floor (PDUs and the like ) to move the freight inside the plane .. I feel the pain on the UPS cargo crews when they are missing the features of the 777 on the MD 11s......

Image removed as image is no longer available.