Sign in to follow this  
Anthony1968

Realair Lancair Legacy "flare"

The RA LanCair is a great plane to land IMO. TrackIR really helps for SA (Situational Awareness). Due to the clean design you MUST come in a bit hot but it is still very controllable at low speeds. Cheers jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

the best strategy, I believe, would be to apply full throttle and keep the nose level to build speed in ground effect until at least at Vx, or, if there is enough runway left, as there appears to be here, Vy. Full throttle helps achieve a little pitch up attitude by itself since the wing wants to maintain AOA.

Yep, power up after the first bounce, and be ready on the right rudder pedal, as it's probably going to move towards the left runway lights rather quickly. (Assuming it's single engine, prop turning clockwise from the cockpit)

That is a great thread!!!

Amidst disputes, different opinions (or just different descriptions) came out one of the best guides to land a GA aircraft, in plain language.

Thanks to all that participated...you have to consider to do a new thread for turboprops and yet another for airliners :rolleyes:

For anybody interested in monitoring the landing profile, have a look here (second post)

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/69839-atr-idlegate-and-landing-data/

Hey guys, this was an interesting post, I have a quick question about the real air Lancair Legacy. I was reading a review on it and it said that the lights illuminate on the ground. Are the nav and strobe lights suppose to or just the landing lights?

Thanks!

Hey guys, this was an interesting post, I have a quick question about the real air Lancair Legacy. I was reading a review on it and it said that the lights illuminate on the ground. Are the nav and strobe lights suppose to or just the landing lights?

Thanks!

Just landing lights as far as I'm aware so far. There is also a sun glare effect on the cockpit hood which can be switched off in preferences.

Just landing lights as far as I'm aware so far. There is also a sun glare effect on the cockpit hood which can be switched off in preferences.

Ok, I really wished they would illuminate. But oh well, I still love this plane!