Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Hardware comm for FSX?

Does anyone have any recommendations of comm hardware that works well in FSX? Something that I could place or mount on my computer desk?

Thanks, Bruce

The Saitek Pro Flight Radio is a decent and cheap offering. I use two of them together. Saitek isn't exactly high quality, but I've got all of their Pro Flight modules and have a nice cockpit setup mounted to a plate togehter with yoke, throttle quadratns and TPM. I can easily take away the plate and remove the entire cockpit from my desktop when I need to do other work there. With the future of civilian flight sims being very uncertain I didn't want to fork out the cash for more expensive high quality peripherals.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Go Flight GF166 unit is awesome and its not as huge and ugly as the Saitek unit. Also the Go Flight's software is sold stable.

You can have more than 1 NAV radio on it.. use the left button to switch from NAV1, NAV2, COMM1.... NDB......etc. In my Cockpit I have the TR1 Avionics from Flight Link. That alone should have been sufficient.. But I still have Go Flight units for GF is far more reliable.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I've got the VRInsight M-Panel running. Quite a versatile tool as it also allows for other controls too. http://www.vrinsight...ode=SELECT_FORM

A poor man's home cockpit if you like. :lol:

VRInsight seems to be priced real good. This one is solid value

http://www.vrinsightshop.com/shop/step1.php?number=14

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter