Sign in to follow this  
fly_ebos

Ariane's aircraft, it's own merits

Thank you Michael and George for trying to keep this thread on the topic. As Michael kindly pointed out, not one of the issues (minus some personal thoughts which is everyone's right AND included some positive thoughts) are delt with by one person, who insted spends their time attacking me. Now to the straw man question of whether I own the aircraft. I didn't bother to answer this simply because it was asked (IMO) to discredit my posts insted of my argument resting upon what I said, plain and simple. A better question would have been, "Have you flown the aircraft to have made those comments or are you just passing along hearsay"? But this was not asked. If you few persons actually feel this way this ask yourself in how many threads have you ever discussed a product without ownership? I believe any logical observer can see this plainly. I will state it again, you are welcome to deal with my argument point by point but if you choose insted to deal with how big my banner is or how much I love PMDG then please don't ask me to give you respect by answering any of your questions when you have not contributed one iota to this conversation other than personal attacks, the amazing thing is that I am accused of a "bias" yet they argue from a "personal bias" against me, sorry remove the log from your eye first. I would very much like anyone to piont out what I stated in regards to the aircraft systems and missing items as incorrect, bias has nothing whatsoever to do with facts like no CWS modelled. To be fair (which I was considering Ariane's claims which anyone can read on their web site) I spoke of the potentail of this aircraft. How in the world can I give ANY credit to Ariane since all know my stance (certainly am not alone there am I?) if my whole point in starting this thread actually gave some aspects credit for a job well done? I don't forget the bumpy road that PMDG had to endure on it's own NG release. Ariane deserve time ot get soem things right and I will not put them down for trying. It's the unfounded claims and other's who somehow try to lesson the appearent issue on this aircraft. But really this is not needed. Ariane has stated that they plan on addressing these issues so leave that to them AND with respect but respect will be needed from both sides of this issue. I have no more desire playing who's sim is better any longer but remember it is not I who made claims that are shown to be off their mark. I am tried of sometimes coming off a bit strong and then having to pay for it in threads such as this. I love flight simming and that's the only reason that I came to Avsim in the first place. Yes I support PMDG. Yes I have been a part of helping their products. Yes I suppose this could be called "an apparent bias". I certainly do not respesent PMDG here today or in the past for that matter. I can be opinionated, rough, helpful and friendly at times (one can do a simple seach in the many posts and see the majority are in a helpful nature) but if some here with 2 whole posts to there name and feel somehow that it is ok to throw in a negative shot at a product that I have helped along and then cry foul if I reply in like manner, then I suggest a course in mutual respect. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

I suggest that a thread concerning just the aircraft and how it performs be listed without all the personal %$#%, which of course does somehow find it's way into these types of threads, hopefully we can deal with the facts eh?what precognition ... you must be a prophet

Guest Terblanche

Thank you Andreas.That is all I was asking for. When my Ariane 737-900 has arrived, you could call me any time and I will be your FO for any flight.;-)RegardsTerblanche

Guest Terblanche

Thank you Randy. You should have posted this reply directly after your first one.Thanx for your ideas on the aircraft and panel. Hopefully the new version of the Ariane's plane will sort out a lot of the bugs.RegardsTerblanche

>I suggest that a thread concerning just the aircraft and>how it performs be listed without all the personal %$#%, which>of course does somehow find it's way into these types of>threads, hopefully we can deal with the facts eh?>>what precognition ... you must be a prophet 12 whole posts to your credit, and how may of those are spent contributing to Avism in a friendly manner? Do you have anything worthwhile to state here or are you just being funny? I'll give you credit for trying your best.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Thanks Terblanche, My tone has changed due in part to having a chance to look more close at Ariane's aircraft. I certainly have been guilty of wholesale attacks upon Ariane due in part to their past dealings with the community. I would like to give them the chance of tone down the rhetoric and I will do likewise. I believe it's not only in my interest to change my dialog but for all of us. To be a little less destructive and a bit more optimistic. I believe this can be achieved or I would not bother. We all love flight simming or I hope that we do. And by me taking the first step in not attacking but addressing hopefully some guys who have a bad opinion of my because of my rough stance in the past will also give me a chance to tone it down and be a little more respectful. I do get a bit bent at times when dealing with hypocrisy from some. There will always be those who get under my skin on a personal level, I cannot change what others choose to do but can take charge of what I say.. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

>One last word: don't compare the PMDG FMC with the Ariane one,>it's a different type (Smith's). Many other systems seem to be>different as well, so I wouldn't dare to write that>something's wrong without exactly knowing what I'm talking>about (e.g. there's no ALT INT mode at all, nor does a SPD>INTV mode exist for any 737).>Andreas (LOWW) Thanks for contributing Andres, I'm not clear on this statement, are you saying that VNAV ALT SPD INTV does not exist on their FMC because it's a Smiths FMC? Can you point me to a me to a RL manual or web site dealing with this? Can you tell me if Ariane are modelling after a certain airline's configuration? Alaska perhaps? Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Actually, I was simply making an observation. Almost none of the previous posts did what you asked in the first place ... stick to the facts.Seems to me you're attacking the wrong person.Best regards nonetheless

My apologies sir, I missread your reply.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Why o why is that nobody on the forum can stick to the topic. Somebody always has to go personal. Is it human nature ?