Sign in to follow this  
enrico68

"Mixture leaned incorrectly" message from FSX

Hello folks, today I keep getting the message from FSX that the engine is not leaned correctly, therefore it is losing power. After a while, the engine dies and I have to restart the flight. This never happened to me before. I am flying the piston Duke, with the realism settings as per the guide. "Enable automixture" is disabled. If I try to lean the engine with the lean lever of my joystick, I see the needle moving in the display, so that is working fine. What do you think I am doing wrong? I know for sure it is not the Duke, which I have been flying quite extensively, and never had this problem before....

I just tried with the Bonanza F33A, same issue, unless I tick "Enable automixture" in realism settings, the engine eventually dies...

Enrico

In the Free Flight setup page, make sure none of the Failures.... are enabled. I have a feeling though the lean lever on your joystick is the culprit.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

two little switches behind the yoke on the left hand side,

Left hand fuel vent and right hand fuel vent switches, (I think that is the name, definitely venting something thought )Try those.

Jack

Jack Cannon

two little switches behind the yoke on the left hand side,

Left hand fuel vent and right hand fuel vent switches, (I think that is the name, definitely venting something thought )Try those.

Jack

Hello Jack, tried it, but nothing happens, still getting the message from FSX, Anyway, thanks for stepping by, I appreciate it.

Enrico :smile:

In the Free Flight setup page, make sure none of the Failures.... are enabled. I have a feeling though the lean lever on your joystick is the culprit.

Best regards,

Jim

Hi Jim, I checked and there are no failures enabled. I reset the quadrant with FSUIPC, and it works correctly. The funny thing is that now I can lean the mixture, the engines are ok, the IAS is correct (before it would drop to zero, with MAP going to zero as well), but I still get the incorrect lean mixture message from FSX, this is weird...very...thanks for helping me out, I'll monitor the situation and see what happens, mysteries of the unexplained of FSX...

Enrico :rolleyes:

Sounds like you have tool tips enabled... Do you also sometimes get a warning if your altimeter isn't correctly enabled?

-Damien

Yep, I leave it on all the time, I think. For the altimeter, I set it as per Activesky QNH, and I am all set, the message goes away. But this Lean mixture thing I have never seen it until tonight. I am doing some more flying with different aircraft, engines are ok, but I keep getting that damn message. I just disabled the flying tips option, at least it stopped, it was really starting to get on my "lean mixture" nerves.... :lol:

Enrico

Press CTRL+X and it will lean your mixture for you.

Jack Cannon