Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

WIN 8 Forum Now Open

We are happy to announce that we have opened the WIN 8 OS forum for those of you that are new owners, or have questions, of this OS. Many of the new desktops and laptops come with WIN8 today, and there are sure to be users who will have questions about adding their FS and add-on's to their new system.

Been running Windows 8 for awhile now. Fsx is running great and havent had any problems so far. Cant waitbto see others experiences with it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Installed Windows 8 and could not change screen resolution, so played with the PC screen resolution for a while, the Spy Game went out and I thought it was a problem with Windows 8 so reinstalled FSX but now cannot open the program...any ideas?

You did install all the drivers and dependencies, right?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Solved the screen resolution problem, now I am not able to run FSX in any mode...the initial screen opens up and after a 10 seconds it goes off and back to desktop. Did a repair installation with same results...GROUNDED....!!!!

Make sure you have visual studio 2008 resistributables installed.

DId you install as administrator in Windows 8? Win 8 has more stricter policies than Windows 7 did.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Been using W8 for a month and I am quite comfortable with it. Loading the OS is ultra fast. FSX runs well. It will take time for some add-ons to catch up. Other than that it's A-OK