Sign in to follow this  
machine2035

Multiplayer Traffic Jittery (Back and Forwards very quickly)

Hi FS World,

Recently when flying in close formation I noticed the aircraft in the multiplayer server were jittering back and forwards very quickly, which as you can imagine, makes it very hard to fly in close formation with (as along with the aircraft itself are small ghosts of it in short distances infront and behind it due to it jittering back and forwards).

Has anyone else seen this, and have they found a fix so it doesn't happen. I never used to witness it.

Cheers

Unfortunatly only Gamespy was smooth enough for what you want, unless someone else has a secret they aren't sharing

Jay

It's simple enough, host a session via the LAN. Then tell your mates your IP address. If you want others to see your server go and check out FSopen. It really, in my opinion, the only way to fly. They have all manner of tools if you want to be really serious.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

No, not via FShost.

I was using a server from FSOpen list.. Direct connect..

I had the exact same problem on gamespy before it went &@($* up.

Ah! That's me jumping to conclusions. :Whistle: The only time I've seen this is when I was using FSHost. Do you get it on any other servers? It sounds like an extreme case of lag. Is it doing it all the time or intermittently?

What's your internet connection like? I'd be investigating that angle. It means you are only getting partial or delayed packets from whichever server you're on. I'm afraid I've run out of ideas, I'm a 'poke around till it works or breaks' sort of bloke.

Do a Speed Test as a starting point.

Hi James,

I hosted our OZX Club flight last night and we topped out at 11 in the

session, no jerkiness, smooth as.....

Thats using direct connect only, no other stuff such as FS Host etc etc,

And Teamspeak for comms..

All FPS locked at 30 or less and NO flooding aircraft in session, a prime cause of what you describe.

While a good internet download rate is good, I am led to believe that the

hosts UPLOAD speed needs to be reasonable as well.

But we were more than happy with our "post gamespy" flight.

Cheers

TonyM

Maybe I should have made it clear. FSopen isn't necessary but it's good, for seeing where and what servers are available to you. Whichever way you chose to connect I still think you have to look to your connection. One question I forgot to ask, were the people you were flying with having the same problem?

Make sure that you and each pilot caps his framerates at or below 28FPS. This more than likely will cure your "jitters"

believe it or not, I found Acceleration causes this problem for me! I flew the Deluxe version with sp1 and 2 for a long time without such problems. I finally got around to buying Acceleration when this phenomenon started. I uninstalled everything and went back to the Deluxe edition with sp1 and 2, and problem fixed!