Sign in to follow this  
ja99

Blurries at times!

:Shocked: Some times not always when "Looking Down'' or ''Panning'' my entire view is blurred,only by going to Options/Display/Hardware/Global Max Texture which is on Massive,then going down one notch the scenery rectifies itself then going back and max it out again it stays good.

Any one have a clue to what`s causing this?I have a dedicated hard drive.

:Waiting: Waiting in anticipation!

You might increase the Fiber Frame Fraction param in your FSX.cfg. It always seemed to me it was a matter of balancing an acceptable framerate with giving the texture loader enough time to load the textures in full.

EDIT: Oops, just realized I was responding to an FS2004 topic, not an FSX one. Sorry.

:Shocked: Some times not always when "Looking Down'' or ''Panning'' my entire view is blurred,only by going to Options/Display/Hardware/Global Max Texture which is on Massive,then going down one notch the scenery rectifies itself then going back and max it out again it stays good.

Any one have a clue to what`s causing this?I have a dedicated hard drive.

:Waiting: Waiting in anticipation!

I get this sometimes where there is photoscenery, but I have not solved it. I think it is a consequence of having locked frames and the system not being able to deliver enough data per frame. As usual, there is a small price to pay for the advantages of the framelock. I mostly see the problem when descending out of the cloud layer so perhaps it is something to do with the graphics engine using up all its 'energy' making the forward view and cloude look nice and then doesn't have time to deal with the ground scenery..?

I have a workaround that is quicker than yours though: go into the keyboard assignments and find 'reload scenery' (or something like that, perhaps it is 'scenery refresh') then assign a key press to that (I use Ctrl-Shift-S). Then when you see the problem, just press the key combination and all the scenery will reload.

Geoff

Thanks all! i`m running a G force 450 ,and so far no prob`s but i do have a load of addon`s that might cause problems,my problem is why only sometimes!

not being able to deliver enough data per frame.

Ja99, two questions:

1) Do you run FS9 with unlimited frame rate or do you lock it at some value?

2) In your FS9.cfg file, what are your TextureMaxLoad and TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT values in the [DISPLAY] section?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

If you are referring 'look down' as in num lock on and pressing num pad '5', that is the only time I never ever have any blurryies. If only the rest of the views were a sharp!

My specs in signature,

With your GPU I'm sure your problem will be a combination of GPU driver, its settings, and your FS9.cfg setting some of which Luis has already touched on. The textures are not loading efficiently enough so you get what you see. A blurred partial version. You might wish to double check your driver settings then you FS9 setting via the UI and then go over your FS9.cfg setting by referring to the many tweak and blurry posts here on AVSIM.

Mel

Thanks for the support,i`ve set my frames at 30 but don`t have a clue what`s in my fs9,cfg file,what setting would improve the textures,all settings are stock standard!

Try this:

[DISPLAY]
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=320
TextureMaxLoad=10

If a line is missing, add it. Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Thanks for the support,i`ve set my frames at 30 but don`t have a clue what`s in my fs9,cfg file,what setting would improve the textures,all settings are stock standard!

Here is a excerpt of the relevant portion of my FS9.cfg file ( found here: (drive where XP is located) / documents and settings / your user name here / Application data / Microsoft / FS9) ---- be sure to make a back up ---- easy way / just copy and paste it to the same location, you get; Copy of fs9.CFG. If you run into problems, just delete the fs9.CFG file and rename Copy of fs9.CFG back to fs9.CFG.

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280.0] ------------this should of course read according to your graphics card------------------

Mode=1680x1050x32-------------------------------------------make sure to set this to the native resolution of your monitor ----------------

PanelAsTexture=0

TextureAGP=0

TriLinear=1

MipBias=8

RenderToTexture=0------------------------------must be set to 1 if you are using DXT.bmp clouds----------

[DISPLAY]

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30------------------many opinions on this one, for me 60hz monitor refresh rate, vsync locked driver setting this seems to work best.

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=320---------------can go as high as 400 no more, start with 400 and lower by 20 until good results

TEXTUREMAXLOAD=8------------------------------------------10 is max, start at 10, with your card 8 or 10 should work fine.

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.75

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.75

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.75

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.00

[TERRAIN]

TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000 -----------------all of these settings are pretty much accepted standards or very close to it

TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000

TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000

TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=20-----------------------------must be either 19, 20 or 21 ----terrain mesh resolution low to high

TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8

TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5

TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1

TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1

TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.5

TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.0

TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4

I hope this is helpful. With you graphics card the above should at least give you a good jump in the right direction.

Best regards,

Mel

BTW, Some scenery addons with lots of textures and especially photo real terrain textures put a much heavier load on the CPU / GPU. Another recently discussed performance issue can be some types of textures with missing alpha channels and / or missing MIP maps. See "A Huge FPS increase" at the top of the FS9 Forum page. This could be something you might wish to check after you get finished with the above.