Sign in to follow this  
rsgunner

Is it worth $$?

I am aware the CT182T is not on sale but I am considering t a purchase of it.

With all of its issues is it worth purchasing?

The number of additional textures seem to be very limited. Am I correct on that perception?

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

It looks great, flies great, and comes with a most disappointing G1000 implementation.

If that does not bother you, you'll likely enoy it..

Bert

I like it a lot. I particularly like the FDE in it. It has a very "realistic" feel in the air. It is a very frame-rate heavy model, and it requires a muscular computer to run smoothly. If you like to make screen shots, the TC182T is a dream. As Bert pointed out, the G1000 implementation is incomplete. This will bother some people and not others, depending on how you use the G1000. I use it for the instrument read out and GPS and I don't program courses into it or load Navigraph data, so the G1000 is fine for me. If you are a highly procedural flyer and want to practice on something that is close to a RW G1000, the Flight1 T182 is said to have a G1000 which is much closer to the real deal.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

Well the 182T looks stunning, but the poor G1K implementation means I won't be purchasing this one. I'm sure it's a fine aircraft, but a lackluster avionics package spoils the deal.