Sign in to follow this  
AlphaNGX

Wrong windindication

Good day captains.

I've been flying the NGX for a long time and I'm enjoying it alot!

My problem is: While using Real World Weather (UPDATES), the plane sometimes give a wrong wind indication and results in moving the plane from left to right with banks more than 60*...

Is there a problem to solve this?

Much appericiated.

I don't know if payware is the actual fix. I bought REX two weeks ago. I love it. But I have noticed it tosses my plane around pretty good everytime the weather updates. I haven't noticed the wind be inaccurate but I do have my turbulance and shear settings on low. I also have smoothing enabled and still get tossed around pretty good.

Pete McMahon

FSUIPC (registered) wind smoothing. Done and done.

You can also use FSUIPC for a whole array of other useful things. It's by far one of the most worthwhile purchases you'll make for your sim.

Kyle Rodgers

FSUIPC (registered) wind smoothing. Done and done.

You can also use FSUIPC for a whole array of other useful things. It's by far one of the most worthwhile purchases you'll make for your sim.

Hey Kyle,

Will FSUIPC work with REX?

Pete McMahon

I don't have a registered FSUIPC so can't use wind smoothing. However I use FSRealWX, with DWC (direct wind control) enabled. This almost completely eliminates sudden and unrealistic wind shifts. It's also free and works brilliantly to provide very realistic live weather.

ki9cAAb.jpg

FSUIPC works on the sim itself. Doesn't matter what the weather source is.

That's good to know. I thought it might not work with REX as I've recently downloaded essentials and even tho they've fixed a lot of issues (eg the baro pressure) it still updates really "violently" and it has been no good to use the wind smoothing option of FSUIPC. Guess it's a config problem of some sort then...