Sign in to follow this  
yellow5

Aeroworx KingAir B200- any takers- how is it?

Guest Caveman

Can someone weight in on the flight model?

Guest Caveman

Not terribly concerned if the climb rate as a given altitude is off by +/- 10%... More interested in the "feel" of the plane... Is the FM near the quality of a Realair made plane?

Judging purely by the number of "approving" real-world B200 pilots in the Aeroworx forum...I believe the "feel" of the plane is every bit as good as a Realair plane.When I got mine, I flew it from the Beech factory to KMYF in San Diego...about a 4 1/2 hour flight. I used RW planning tools and RW "numbers" to plan the flight...then flew with real weather selected. The result was "by the book" performance. Did it feel right? I log my FS time and have nearly 800 hours, mostly in addons that are widely acknowledged to be spot on...and the B200 felt right to me, but again, my judgement is based on 35 hours in C152s and Piper Warriors, and 800 hours in the sim...As with all the aircraft available for FS9 (freeware or payware) the important thing is "suspension of disbelief." Aeroworx has done a great job here.Kurt

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

How long does it take to get a registration code? I received a purchase receipt within seconds of purchase, but so far no registration email.Also, I tried to register for the aeroworx support forum but got a nonsensical email wanting my parents permission, difficult as they are both deceased and I am 58 years old. Tried to re-register with a different username but this doesn't work because it says my email belongs to someone else (in other words me!).I am sure this is a great aircraft but an unpromising start, just amazes me how commercial developers can make life difficult for their eager customers. Most of my recent payware purchases have not been hassle free - PMDG being a notable exceptionBruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest GabrielR

I just read the manual available for free in their site, (a practice that should be adopted by all payware developers), and all I can say is that I am very impressed by the overall presentation of the document, and the complexity of the simulated systems.It is very impresive to see a FS mannual using real AC photographs to show systems and gauges...Kind of costly though... certainly i am going to keep an eye on this add on.

Bruce, please email henning@aeroworx.com and he'll sort things out.For the forum, you've inadventedly stated that you're 13 years or younger (happened to me once too!). Just register with another user name.

The only thing keeping me from buying this bird right now is the sticker shock! $##.##!!!!;-) Sure is hard to be frugal in this hobby!

>>>It is very impresive to see a FS mannual using real AC photographs to show systems and gauges...This might be a little surprising, but in the manual, apart from those serving as chapter headers, the photos of systems and guages are actually all actual screenshots (produced from real photos obviously.) Pretty amazing, isn't it? :)

I sorted the rego thing out - the quick start guide is out of date you don't need to register now. Should have done what I always do, just hop in the cockpit and figure things out before turning to the doco.As for the forum, on reflection I must have also have stated that I was under 13 years. Hopefully this will get sorted, have emailed Henning.One thing though can just browse the forum without being registered as with AVSIM because when I go to the forum index I can't bring up any posts, I just get three frames, one with the headings Forum, Topics, Posts, Last Post; a second Who is online frame and a third login frame.Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest Paul Middleton

AVSIM are doing a review of this plane. It should be published in the next 3 - 4 weeks.