Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stratus_Fractus

Weird CH Yoke problem

Hi all,Recently got back into flying PIC, and for some reason I cannot get the power below about 33% N1 in the air. So on touchdown I need to pull them back to idle before reverse thrust and speedbrakes can be used. It is fully calibrated, should I get the CH yoke software? I'm really confused as to what would cause this. Thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've had both good and bad experiences with the CH control manager. One question: do you use FSUIPC? It's never failed me yet...Rick

Hi Greg,I use the three-lever CH FlightSim Yoke USB, and I have a similar problem; from time to time, I'm not able to "fire-wall" the throttle lever, thus not being able to establish more than app. 75% of power at take-offs. It seems like the throttle lever doesn't want to move any further forward, due to some sort of mechanical disalignment. I have found, that if I before engine-start move all three levers rapidly from fully closed to fully open a couple of times, the throttle lever "autocalibrates" itself, so I am able to open the throttle fully at take-off.Thought this might maybe be to any help for you too...Regards,-- Stefan

Yes I do use FSUIPC. I tried making sure that it was calibrated correctly in it, but no joy.

Greg,See this thread:http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchIt describes the reverser problem in detail.In short: real 767 (and PIC of course) have a setting called flight idle, which is always ABOVE ground idle (to prevent flameouts in critical phases of flight). The problem arises as the reversers REQUIRE ground idle in FS to operate, so you have to manually put the thrust levers to idle AFTER touchdown, BEFORE you move your reverser thrust handle. I have a single button configured for it in my CH yoke, but you might just as well use F1 to do it.See the thread above.Hope this helps!Terobtw. speedbrakes should deploy normally either way. I do it this way:After touchdown I quickly press the "IDLE" button in the yoke, and then pull ALL three levers fully back in my Ch yoke, which means that the throttle stays IDLE, the reversers deploy and also the speedbrakes deploy as well (if they haven't done that automatically upon touchdown, as they should)

Thanks Tero I'll try it out later on. But the speedbrakes DON'T extend at flight idle for me.

Whoops, not fully awake when I wrote that. I meant that the spoilers don't extend on touchdown at all, only when I jerk the throttle up a bit then idle, where I can use reverse as well. Experimenting and working on a solution right now.