Sign in to follow this  
Nixon

Thinking of buying the Multi pack

Hi

I am thinking of buying the FS2Crew multipack. Before I do; would someone be kind enough to answer a few questions

1. I fly with two monitors, the larger one with FSX full screen and normally in VC view, the secondary monitor I drag and place my VOXATC notepad and control window etc. Is it possible to drag the FS2Crew panels to my second monitor?

2. Are there any problems in running VOXATC with FS2Crew?

3. Is it possible to use the same voice for both FS2Crew and VOXATC F.O.?

4. I have been watching Froogle's Youtube videos of the NGX and FS2Crew and noticed that a green band runs across the top of the VC view. Firstly is that a prompt of what to say? and secondly can you turn it of?

Thanks and Regards

Nick

Hi

I am thinking of buying the FS2Crew multipack. Before I do; would someone be kind enough to answer a few questions

Hi Nick

1. I fly with two monitors, the larger one with FSX full screen and normally in VC view, the secondary monitor I drag and place my VOXATC notepad and control window etc. Is it possible to drag the FS2Crew panels to my second monitor?

Yes you can fly with FS2Crew in the other window. I have the same setup as you and i just move it to the other monitor...

If you fly in full screen then just drag and drop

If you fly in windowed mode then right click on the FS2Crew pop-up and click on "Undock" this will allow you to drag it to the other monitor.

2. Are there any problems in running VOXATC with FS2Crew?

Nope just make sure that you use a push to talk key for FS2Crew when you need to talk to ATC

I also run VOXATC and have joystick button 3 as the push to talk

When I press button 3 it stops all commands been sent to FS2Crew and just sends the voice to VOXATC

3. Is it possible to use the same voice for both FS2Crew and VOXATC F.O.?

No

4. I have been watching Froogle's Youtube videos of the NGX and FS2Crew and noticed that a green band runs across the top of the VC view.
Firstly is that a prompt of what to say?

No its a prompt of what the pc hears you say

E.G.: if you spoke into the microphone "Flaps 5" the green bar would appear and display "Flaps 5"

and secondly can you turn it of?

This can be turned on or off by the user on the main panel "DSP" button

To find out what you need to say and when to say it you can read or print the manual and this goes into detail of what you need to say and when you need to say it.

I hope this helps

As a FS2Crew user for the NGX I can only say it will change your sim experience and make it more lifelike

Let me know if you need any more help

Steven

Thanks for your detailed and quick reply. After what you have said I shall get out my card and invest in the mulipack. I may need your help once I try to run both FS2Crew and VOXATC. It will be a little while as am busy for the next two weeks

Thanks again

Nick

Steven

Thanks for your detailed and quick reply. After what you have said I shall get out my card and invest in the mulipack. I may need your help once I try to run both FS2Crew and VOXATC. It will be a little while as am busy for the next two weeks

Thanks again

Nick

No problem Nick

If you need help please use this forum, as your questions and the answers you get back may help others :)

You will not regret buying a FS2Crew addon

Steven

So Vox ATC doesn't require Microsoft Speech Recognition to be on? Just thinking since Fs2 Crew requires it off, so you don't have to turn It on/off all the time.... If that's not a problem, can you just use the Hard Mute button on the Fs2 Crew panel? And how do you mute Vox ATC?

So Vox ATC doesn't require Microsoft Speech Recognition to be on? Just thinking since Fs2 Crew requires it off, so you don't have to turn It on/off all the time.... If that's not a problem, can you just use the Hard Mute button on the Fs2 Crew panel? And how do you mute Vox ATC?

NO

Voc ATC dose not require Microsoft Speech Recognition to be on, so you can use both Vox ATC and FS2Crew

You can use the "Hard Mute" button or you can set a key command or button press using FSUIPC or the command that is mentioned in the FS2Crew Voice Manual.

I use Vox ATC and FS2Crew on 80% of my flights

My joystick button 3 controls what program hears my voice

If I don't press any buttons on my joystick then FS2Crew's FO will hear my voice just like if he was sat next to me in real life.

When I press button 3 on my joystick and hold it in then Vox ATC will hear my voice and FS2Crew will not.

Its like using a push to talk button

So in short

Press the button Vox ATC

Release the button FS2Crew

Thanks for your answer, it was helpful. I have now installed version 5.xx-something and have a few new questions. First, I use Ultimate Traffic 2, Vox dosen't seem to recognize these aircraft at all, insted it adds it's own that dosent fit in at all. Is this fixable somewhere in settings etc? Number two, can I turn off FsX default ATC so I don't here that too? Number three, my VOX speeks very low, I've turned up the sound in Vox settings and lowered FSX sound but I need to turn up my computers sound very loud, I will jump out of my seat if a get an email for example when flying......have I missed a setting somewhere?

First, I use Ultimate Traffic 2, Vox dosen't seem to recognize these aircraft at all, insted it adds it's own that dosent fit in at all. Is this fixable somewhere in settings etc?

You would have to contact Vox on that

Number two, can I turn off FsX default ATC so I don't here that too?

Yes.

When FSX opens, on the left click on "settings"

Then click on "Customize"

When the new window opens, click on the "Traffic" tab at the top

Then change the "Airline Traffic Density (%)" to 0

Also change the "General Aviation Traffic Density (%)" to 0

UT2 should have done this for you.

Number three, my VOX speeks very low, I've turned up the sound in Vox settings and lowered FSX sound but I need to turn up my computers sound very loud, I will jump out of my seat if a get an email for example when flying......have I missed a setting somewhere?

Make sure that the sound is up all the way within windows

When FSX and Vox is open, click on the speaker icon in your taskbar near the clock.

Then click "Mixer" and scroll through them and make sure Vox is 100%

Also check your Vox settings to make sure its 100%

I have no problems using Vox with FS2Crew, FSX, TeamSpeak ect