Sign in to follow this  
cvbcbcmv

Invalid entry when entering a route to the FMC?

Is this how it should be done?

I believe you can simplify it to DIRECT CXR J146 ETG J217 HNK, but it should still work the way you inputted it.

I believe you can simplify it to DIRECT CXR J146 ETG J217 HNK, but it should still work the way you inputted it.

but can't you only do that between airways? What about my error at the end of the route when trying to go to KBOS?

but can't you only do that between airways? What about my error at the end of the route when trying to go to KBOS?

You're having issues because in real life an aircraft wouldn't do HNK DCT KBOS (which is what I'm assuming you're doing) since KBOS isn't actually an intersection or VOR/NDB - just the airport. I don't know how familiar you are with SID/STARs, but they determine how an aircraft departs/arrives at an airport. From HNK you could go on the J49 airway to ALB and do the GARDNER 4 Arrival into KBOS or (even better) do the QUABN 2 RNAV arrival - since you're flying the NGX this isn't a problem.

For what it's worth, a better route for your flight would be

CRL J554 JHW J82 ALB

So you could do the AMRST 3 or SANDUSKY 3 departure out of KCLE as well as the aforementioned arrival into KBOS.

I'm a beginner! I'm sitll trying to figure out all this stuff. I'm not very familiar with STARs or SIDs. I'll plug that arrival to KBOS in and see how it goes. I'm en route now. :P Currently on my way to HNK.

Hi,

Referring to the picture you posted.

In the first line is correct.

In the second line you enter J146 in the left. Noting more and nothing on the right, just J146.

In the third line you enter J217 in the left. Noting more and nothing on the right.

In the fourth line you enter J68 in the left and then PUT on the right as this is the point where you want to leave the airway.

And that's it. As you have entered departure and destination airports you don't need to enter your direct to destination airport here. Just create the flight plan and then delete the discontinuity on the F-Plan page between PUT and your destination.

And do the tutorials, they explain this very good.

John