Sign in to follow this  
gillesdepillecyn

someone has a clue?

Dear members

it has already been a long way to try to understand the marvelous PMDG 747-400. Once i had the problem that the plane in climb, just out of the bleu, started to descent at a rate of -7000/fpm and then just start to climb at a rate of +7000.... When i was able to control it, and have it more or less steady i observed the slightly nodding while in cruise...after search and reading i finally understood that it was out of the question to use the default loadmanager in fsx. Since i use the PMDG load manager she just climb srock steay and no more nodding while in cruise.

But now....i think that my CH yoke sends wrong info to the PMDG 747. once i was in a flight, nice and steady in cruise, and accidently i touched my yoke very slightly, and there she goes again...

She started to climb uncontrollable. After that i was able to get her steady again i tested it again, and yes, when i touched my yoke very slightly she began to climb again.

I also fly the PIC 737 and there and don't have this problem.

Is it possible that the yoke sends wrong info to the pmdg 747? All my axes are controlled in reg. version of FSUIPC. Is there maybe a conflict with the CH control manager and the calibration tool inside FSX? i did a recalibration of my yoke throughout FSX

The strange thing is is that it doesn't happen in the other planes...

Thank you for your response

Gilles

Ps sorry for my bad english...

Is it possible that the yoke sends wrong info to the pmdg 747?

Are you using the trim wheel to control your elevator trim on the CH Yoke? If so, make sure to cancel it (set it back to the zero spot on the hardware) out before you engage the autopilot. Better yet, don't use the hardware trim wheel at all and just use the rocker switch to set your trim.

Kyle Rodgers

thank you for the response.

I don't use the hardware wheel for trim. i have button 11 and 12 configured as trim up and down in FSUIPC. Where is the zero spot for the hardware trim wheel? somewhere in the middle or full up or down? i feel it in mine guts that it has something to do with hardware input. otherwise i don't know why it only occurs with the pmdg 747. more sofisticated? more sensitive?

Where do you calibrate your yoke?

i read in a other topic that there is a conflict between the CH control manager and the calibration tool inside fsx. they even suggest to remove the CH control manager...

Thank You

Gilles

Welcome to AVSIM!

When the autopilot disengaged, did you receive a green–red FSX warning at the top of your screen similar to either of the following?

1. AP disconnect: excessive control column inputs, or

2. AP disconnect: user handled elevator trim

Identifying the message could help us determine the hardware component that is interfering. If the second message is shown, try temporarily disabling the trim axis/wheel and seeing whether you continue encountering issues.

Where do you calibrate your yoke?

I calibrate my Saitek yoke by unplugging it from the USB port and replugging it in after a few moments.

Hi Owen

at the moment the bird starts to climb, like i discribed, there is no AP disconnect. I just touch the yoke, for example slightly to the left, than the plane begins to climb. And that behavior is only observed with the PMDG 747. Not with PIC 737 or Beech Duke from realair. How can i disable the hardware trim wheel? Is it an idea to delete the CH control mananger?

Thank you

Gilles

How can i disable the hardware trim wheel?

Make sure that it's not assigned on the FSX controls menu (there's a menu for key commands, and a menu for joystick axes - check the joystick axes).

Kyle Rodgers

Try opening up the CH control manager and re-calibrating the yoke. It will also help you to find the Zero spot on the trim wheel, keep moving it until it the elevator axis centres. When I first started to use the yoke I wondered what that wheel was for until after playing with it each time I noticed all my controls were out of calibration even though I had not assigned the hardware trim wheel itself through FSX or FSUIPC. I soon made the connection that whilst moving this wheel it would actually affect the calibration within the CH control manager, passing on the affects into FSX and FSUIPC. After recalibrating everything I placed a small white line in the middle of the wheel itself so that I can quickly notice if it has been moved and put it back without a problem.

Good Luck!

thank you for the responses

I did not assign any axes in FSX. I did all that through FSUIPC. For the harddware Trim wheel i think it is not possible to assign nor in FSX nor in FSUIPC. I calibrated and recalibrated but with no luck. Maybe it is a spring inside the yoke that is broken or something like that...

I'm still convinced that it is a hardware problem but why oh why does it only occurs with the PMDG 747???

Thank you

Gilles

So the autopilot does not actually disengaging throughout the entire process? Have you unchecked the A/P Controls Override settings in the PMDG settings panel?

Could you please post some screen shots of your virtual cockpit?

I'm still convinced that it is a hardware problem but why oh why does it only occurs with the PMDG 747???

PMDG's systems modeling (to include the Autopilot) normally runs outside of FSX. Other programmers tend to use the internal FSX Autopilot to control their aircraft's autopilot.

Try this:

Get the plane up to altitude, and do whatever you do to upset the aircraft and get it porpoising (bump the controls, or whatever you did). Once it starts on its roller coaster ride, unplug the yoke. If the symptoms go away, then it's a hardware issue.

For what it's worth, I've always had issues with CH Yokes. We used them back in our high school's aerospace class, and while they've stood the test of getting thrashed for over 10 years by 14-18 year olds, they've been problematic.

Kyle Rodgers

Do you use a separate FSUIPC profile for the 747?

The tread says,,, "someone has a clue?"

I meen yea, I have a clue on a lot of things, like my footballteam standing in the serie, what I had for dinner yesterday and so on. Please folks be a bit more exact in what your treads overhead are gonna look like. Im looking for a solution on a problem with the 747 and must say Im tired of looking up all kind of treads that doesnt say what the tread is about. Note the exact issue for that tread your gonna write.

I must have seen five or six treads with the headline PMDG 747,400 , only a small differ in the way of typing.

This may be a kind of grumpy coment, I know that, No one is gonna take it personaly I was just tired of opening multiple treads totaly out of interest for my issue . If I passed them unopend I may have missed a solution on my problem. Thats why I opened this one to.,,,,,,,

Someone has a clue,,,how iritating that can be :lol:

Thats it. Have nice evening folks ^_^

The tread says,,, "someone has a clue?"

I meen yea, I have a clue on a lot of things, like my footballteam standing in the serie, what I had for dinner yesterday and so on. Please folks be a bit more exact in what your treads overhead are gonna look like. Im looking for a solution on a problem with the 747 and must say Im tired of looking up all kind of treads that doesnt say what the tread is about. Note the exact issue for that tread your gonna write.

Well said Per (I assume your name is Per, you didn't sign..... :Doh:)

Too many threads have meaningless titles.  People who might be able to help but have no idea what you are asking about may not bother to open the thread.  If you really want help with an issue then please make the thread title a meaningful summary of your problem.  In this case, to be fair to the OP he apologises for his bad English and while the post itself is understandable it can be very hard to summarise in a second language.

That being said, if you (Per) have a problem, rather than opening threads to see if other people have the same problem and therefore you might find an answer, why not open your own thread (with a meaningful title of course) and ask about the problem you are experiencing?  Much more direct way to find an answer.

ki9cAAb.jpg