Sign in to follow this  
mtrunz

Joystick constantly not recognized

Hey, so when I do a flight (I fly jets so I don't use the joystick unless I'm on the ground, taking off or landing) my joystick and throttle (Saitek Pro-52) stops working! I notice that when I want to land and I can't use it!

I did some tests and I noticed that my pc still recognizes the joystick no problem, but when I go to prepar3d controller setting the joystick just disappeared! It seems like prepar3d just randomly ignores it after a while! The strange thing is that at the beginning everything is always fine! Only after a certain amount of time the joystick does not get recognized! I also tried using a different plane once I noticed it doesn't work and its the same thing, so it's not plane specific!

Any ideas? Should I ask this on the fsx forum as well?

Try a different USB port.

Try using FSUIPC to assign the joystick.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

The FSUIPC trick is the only workaround that has been even modestly successful for Saitek sticks. If you poke around with Google, you will see all kinds of failed suggestions. I have a CH yoke and the most recent version of their software (4.55) also will eliminate the disappearing joystick issue, but of course, only for CH products.

I had the same issue and finally after many re-install of software, I moved to a USB on the back of pc and that absolutely did it...they say there's more power on the usb's that are closer to the mb...don't know, but my problem was solved.

Tom