Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Concorde with Air Hauler

Need to enter some consumption figures..

Manual lists

Fuel Consumption (Idle Power) 1100 kgs/hr (302 Gallons/hr)

Fuel Consumption (Full Power) 10500 kgs/hr (2885 Gallons/hr)

Fuel Consumption (Full Re-heated power) 22500 kgs/hr (6180 Gallons/hr)

What figure should I put into Air Hauler?

No one? Bueller?

Should I just guess an average factoring in approximate times in each engine mode? Like around 3200 Gallons/hr or so.

Hello!

I usually do a couple of flights and mark down the off and on fuels + times. This can then be used to calculate the average fuel burn for the trip.

One other way is to do a "one minute test". At cruise, mark down the current amount of fuel. After you have flow for one minute, mark down the current fuel. Calculate the consumption and multiply by 60. This gives you a rough estimate of the consumption.

You have Ideal Flight don't you? You can run a fuel report with IF once you are in cruise which gives you a very accurate analysis of fuel economy which you should be able to use. :) Just a thought, don't be mad at me if it doesn't help. :P

Not a bad idea. It will definitely take me a while to get her up to cruise status. I don't have any cruise panel save yet for this bird and ooh lordy, what a process to get it to that stage of flight. I often feel this plane is like herding cats in the dark on the 4th of July.

In case you have used Aivlasoft EFB or Flight Keeper during one of the flights, you would already have the needed data for my first suggestion.

It took me a little while to figure out that EFB creates a PDF flight log of every flight.

So I leased a Concorde and AH gives me a Cargo Capacity of only 13960lbs, this doesn't sound right as I would like to consider passengers cargo. The manual states a Max Payload of 29500lbs which sounds more accurate. Any way to get a more accurate Cargo Cap figure?

molleh is right, set up each condition and run the IF fuel report. After the flight look in the log (popup menu) for the more accurate analysis. When you have the correct loadout capacity type it into IF’s Flight Params –> Payload Defs.

All the best

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Ideal Flight can be mistaken for a clumsy interface but it’s all coming down to understanding what, and why IF does what it does. For example take the fuel prediction system and “I can’t do my fuel planning”. The entire flight is analysed and the complete fuel burn is recorded, and a fuel quantity can be calculated in an averaged way for the total trip. If you repeat the flight exactly as you did before, then you will use the same fuel as before. Using this feedback you can get much more satisfaction from fuel planners, because you know if you are in the ballpark.

So I leased a Concorde and AH gives me a Cargo Capacity of only 13960lbs, this doesn't sound right as I would like to consider passengers cargo. The manual states a Max Payload of 29500lbs which sounds more accurate. Any way to get a more accurate Cargo Cap figure?

This is the cargo capasity for the AI-pilots. The calculation goes something like this: MTOW - fuel weight with all tanks full - empty weight = Cargo capasity.

When you fly the plane, you are not limited by the cargo capasity. You are only limited by the MTOW => load less fuel, carry more cargo.

Now that you have the Concorde imported, there is a way to help other AirHaulers. I don't think that I've seen many Concordes used. You could post the Concorde figures on these threads:

Cost:

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6639

Performance:

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5705&PN=8

These will the end up in here for others users to see:

http://www.airhauler.net/portal/ (stats page => reference)

Thanks!

IF calculates cargo capacity that way. You will find once you entered the cargo weights into the Load Defs the cargo will automatically be reduced in accordance with fuel weight.

once you entered the *cargo weights* into the Load Defs

Sorry, I meant to say the *available load capacity* of the “cells” in the aircraft, listed in Payload Defs.