Sign in to follow this  
avjones

Squeaking Brake Sounds

How do you add a sound file to the MAAM cfg file. Have the squeaking brake sound for the Connie and would like to add it to the DC3 if possible. The sqeaking brake sound is in my effect folder.

Well, 97 views of your question and no answers. I have waited to see if anyone had a good suggestion for you - that there might be an application of which I'm unaware that might make this possible, but so far, no joy, I see.

There is no easy way I'm aware of because our DC-3 does not have a brake sound in its sound.cfg, so there is no possibility of an easy substitution of one wav file for another. You can try to backward-engineer a new sound.cfg for our package using one from an aircraft that does have a brake sound in its repetoire.

If that sounds too intimidating, I would suggest you take this question to a more widely attended general FS forum where you can get some expert help from an "FS sound engineer". It really has nothing to do with our plane specifically, but rather any plane without a brake sound, so someone out there has already addressed the issue and can give you step-by-step instructions. Your problem is to go out and find that knowledgeable and patient simmer.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

rambow, or rainbow whichever,  I appreciate you help and I almost from the start knew that I was not going to get an answer, but i though I would try.  I use to hear the brakes of the Lockheed P2V Neptunes during my time in the Navy.   I was hoping to add a sound like the P2V onto my DC3, oh well, not planning on flying the aircraft from the outside anyway. LOL

Thanks for the ino.

Accu-Feel does that and LOTS more. I heartfully reccommend it!:

I've edited a few panel.cfg's before, but never anything else. I fear that as advanced a programming line as "when brakes are pressed, trigger squeakysound.waw" could be in the .air-file, which I have no idea how to edit. So I'm way out of my depths here, but speculating I'd suggest you try to find out what triggers the connie's squeaky break sound. It could be a cfg entry in the connie's cfg file, or it could be built into the model some other way. If you find a call for the squeaky brakes sound file in the Connie's cfg file, you should be able to add that same entry to the DC3's cfg file too, making the DC3's brake pedals call out for the same sound file.