January 25, 201313 yr I was browsing through the list of recent free aircraft at x-plane.org's files and found these interesting new gliders: SZD-50 Puchacz - http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=18246 MDM-1 Fox - http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=18345 Learning to fly gliders since 1980AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks
January 25, 201313 yr Hi JCOMM, how do you find the flight dynamics of the gliders in x-plane given your real world experience? Inertia,adverse jaw, roll slip coupling, critical and supercritical AOA behaviour inc spins. Given the aerodynamic purity of these aeroplanes and the lack of any possible engine dynamics polluting them. Also the ability to setup normal game flight sticks to interact with the program to give believable responsiveness. Thanks TIM
January 25, 201313 yr Author That's what I am looking forward to test when possible. Unfortunately the day after I re-installed XP10 a very close relative got seriously hill, and I am now quite away from my sim PC. When time, mood and opportunity converge, I will do these and other tests. There is also a great project (don't have the link here) of a DG-1000. The author was able to reproduce the L/D almost exactly as the original POH states... Regarding adverse yaw, I believe even the default k21 does an acceptable job, but strangely the turn-coordinator ball not quite so much... Might it be something with the algorithm used for the slip/skid function of the TC in X-Plane? Learning to fly gliders since 1980AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks
January 26, 201313 yr Author Well... after some preliminary testing I found that after all the default AS/k21 is still my preferred XP10 glider, by far. It exhibits the most consistent behaviour under various flight situations, while the two models that started this thread leav, IMHO, a lot to be desired in terms of stall , spin , etc... Other than that they look really nice, graphically, specially the Fox. Learning to fly gliders since 1980AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks
April 2, 201412 yr Author Do you know why's happened to the DG1000 project Nope :-( Learning to fly gliders since 1980AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks
Create an account or sign in to comment