Sign in to follow this  
chumley

Wild wild Wellington terminal losing roofing

Check this out from fsmetar 2.30am NSTMetar reports main termional building losing roofing ironNZWN is geting hammeredNZWN 171300Z 20048G60KT 6000 SHRA FEW010 SCT015 BKN020 07/06 Q1000 WS RWY16 RMK KAUKAU 20065KT MAIN TERMINAL BUILDING LOSING ROOFING IRONIve got the metar file saved if anyone wants it 81kb.zipped saved by fsmetar

Guest tcable

Ouch- sounds a lot like a hurricane without the rain.

Guest racartron

I took of in a DC90-30 this afternoon into a 50 knot wind gale. Was directed to runway 220 and the wind was coming across slightly fronm 260 degress. The girl struggled mightily to get off and maintain a positive climb. I was looking into the ocean an awful lot as we crawled out. But we finally got up and away.I can't talk about the landing attempt until I get out of intensive care ;)-------------------Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember whatifdgsupport.jpg

Guest Tim W

For any Kiwi's out there, here' the latest storm damage report.Message from Wellington City Council Updates on storm as follows - 11.00 am Slips Makara Rd Homebush Rd Fairview Cres Trees Down Plimmer Steps Mahoe St, Tawa Kimberley Way, Karori Herald Mitchell St Branscombe St Arlington St, Karori Shortt St Moffat St Abel Smith St Barnard St Oban St Tarikaka St Houghton bay Rd Taiaroa St Beacon Hill Rd Rintoul St Konini St Waipori St Cnr Townsend Rd South Karori Rd Constable St St Michaels Cres Chater St Mark Ave Bell St Mortimer Tce Akaroa Dr Hallswater Dr Mornington Rd Glen Alton Ave Boundary Rd Lines Down Milne Cres Lyall Bay Rd Ellice St Washington Ave Oban St Carlton St Cheeseman St Para St Wingfield Pl Ohariu Road Makara Rd Cheeseman Rd Akatea St Ellice St College St Barnard St Kekerenga St Mark Ave Bedford St Amristar Rd Glen Alton Ave No Power - Severn St No Power - Queens Drive No Power - Darlington Rd No Power in Wadestown No Power - College St No Power Lucknow Tce No Power -Simla Cres No Power -Helston Rd Road Closures Onslow and Ngaio Road Moa Point Road is closed due to huge seas breaking over the southern end of the Wellington Airport runway. Stewart Duff Drive, on the eastern side of the Airport, is closed because cladding is being blown off a hangar. The Hutt Road is closed between Ngaio Gorge Road and Onslow Road because of lifting roofing at the Placemakers site. Makara Road and Ohariu Valley Road closed by fallen trees and power lines. A big slip has closed Homebush Road, Khandallah Sewerage Raw sewerage flowing down Wakefield Street Clutha Ave Nicholson Rd Other Public access to the Basin Reserve has been closed. Approximately 15 windows in the RA Vance Stand have blown out. Fulton Hogan working on Airport roof which is lifting Council Parks staff have closed off the walking tracks on Tinakori Hill due to the danger caused by many falling trees. Power poles are in danger of toppling on the seafront at Lyall Bay. No power to about 40 homes in Karori Hutt Motorway one lane north bound reopen between Melling and Maungaraki but south bound closed Traffic lights out bowen/glenmore/tinakori Trafic lights facing wrong way Kent and Majoribanks St All Trains Cancelled Buses from Hutt Valley cancelled Glass all over footpath and road in Cambridge tce Northern Landfill closed closed the transfer station Not operating Library Mobile bus - Karori Today All flights cancelled the rear section of roof of Shed 6, on Waterfront has lifted and gone the South end of Events centre Roof is lifting and is likely to go vehicle entry to Waterfront including Dockside, Shed 5 and the Helicopters is now closed. Johnsonville badly affected No Power Onslow College closed, other schools will follow Raroa Intermediate closed Pump stations out Johnsonville Library closed - no power Flooding in Hutt - Locations Affected WAIWHETUHaywards Tce and Wainui Rd.SEAVIEW / EASTBOURNEEastern Bays Marine Drive - debris and surface floodingCroft Grove - surface floodingWESTERN HILLSSH2 - slips and debris between Melling and HaywardsSH2 - Maungaraki and Melling one lane north bound re-opened WAINUI HILL RD - Gracefield Road on and off ramps closed. Gracefield Road closed between Bell Rd and Wainuiomata Hill Rd closed. RIVERSIDE CARPARK - is now being closed BLOCK ROAD - is now closed Road to Eastbourne closed Electricity has been cut to parts of Korokoro, Petone, Naenae, Melling and Coast Road Wainuiomata. Other parts of the city may also be affected by power cuts Timhttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Ouch what a gruling storm I live up in Whangarei Northland and really havent been touched much by it yetI would love to be near the Breakwaters at the end of the runnway as those storm swells are somthing to watch "safely" the news on tvone last nite said the swell had been recorded up to 14 metrescheers Greg

Ouch!I flew in Florida (sim) during the latest hurricane and had no problems hovering, i.e. not moving relative to the ground, with the olde Cessna.Hope those of you that are in affected areas come out ok!

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest Expendable

>Ouch- sounds a lot like a hurricane without the rain.NZWN 171300Z 20048G60KT 6000 SHRA FEW010 SCT015 BKN020 07/06 Q1000 WS RWY16 RMK KAUKAU 20065KT MAIN TERMINAL BUILDING LOSING ROOFING IRONSHRA means moderate rain showers.

Yep, we took a shoeing in the Wellington region, lots of areas (me included) flooded for the 2nd time in 6 months.The airfield was closed for quite a time. Max recorded gust was 200kph (125mph) on the top of Kaukau Head, also 160mm of rain in about 15 hours. As the Wellingtonians would say "Bit of a breeze, 'eh bro?"!Luckily the flood didn`t quite reach my FS room!CheersRottenlungsPS I know there`s a couple of other Hutt boys on these forums - hope you all made it through without damage!

>>Ouch- sounds a lot like a hurricane without the rain.>>NZWN 171300Z 20048G60KT 6000 SHRA FEW010 SCT015 BKN020>07/06 Q1000 WS RWY16 RMK KAUKAU 20065KT MAIN TERMINAL BUILDING>LOSING ROOFING IRON>>SHRA means moderate rain showers.>Yeah - moderate but blowing horizontal