Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ant02151973

Bad Frame rates after SHADE for fsx

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but here it goes. I have been running fsx at 30 fps locked for some time on an I7 2600k 8gb gtx 550ti, i was experimenting with shade for fsx when all of a sudden my frames are down to 7-8 fps. I closed fsx down and shade showed it was unloading its textures but even when I load fsx by itself since than my frames are terrible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Anthony

Just one other thing I can think of that I did was to try to calibrate my saitek flight yoke. I installed its software to get the thing centered. I than uninstalled all the software that came with it. Not sure if this caused my problem. I have tried starting with a new fsx.cfg but no good. I have no idea what to do.

The Shade commercial software should not cause this problem with FPS. Did you try uninstalling the software and reinstalling it? I would uninstall Shade, then run FSX and see if the problem still occurs with no fps. If your FPS are great again, then you will no with a lot of certainty that Shade WAS the problem. Just cannot see how it could make you lose FPS especially since it showed it was unloading. Most likely it was the calibration of your Saitek Flight Yoke. Try plugging the Yoke into another USB port.

Best regards,

Jim