Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DanW

Very light/bright water at night time

A picture says a thousand words, night doesn't look like night in DX10 because my water is a very light colour.

I do have AS2012 water textures, and water set to High.2X in FSX.

I have 3.2.2 of the DX10 fixes.

Do you guys have the same problem? Or know what I'm doing wrong?

fsx%202013-01-29%2008-05-23-22.jpg

I'd like to direct you to FS Water Configurator (Google is your friend). That's FSX default, but using FSWC can change it.

Water looks okay to me. Try another theme in AS2012. It's a pretty bright night out when you have a full moon!

Best regards,

Jim

Did you ad the Bonus Pack in when you installed 3.2.2?

Yes, what does that do exactly? Its called Water 1.0.. does that mean it restores default water?

I'd like to direct you to FS Water Configurator (Google is your friend). That's FSX default, but using FSWC can change it.

Thanks, I tried FSWC lite and it's improved the overall look of my water. I didn't get it working on a previous attempt but it's working now. The colour though was just due to full moon :blush:

Water looks okay to me. Try another theme in AS2012. It's a pretty bright night out when you have a full moon!

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks Jim you are a genius - I changed it to 10 days prior date and the water was dark. I didn't see the moon but it was that time of the month for it. Cheers!