Sign in to follow this  
bwolfe

Are there any non-realistic FSX servers?

I love FSX, but I fly in the real world, so when I play Flight Simulator I'm not always looking to do things exactly the same way I would in real life. Sometimes I want to fly dangerously - low altitude aerobatics, formation flying with other players, flying upside down 5 feet off the runway at 200 knots, flying through mountain passes in a 737, etcetera...but I'm definitely not allowed to do that on VATSIM, and I've been unable to find any servers who offer anything but the "realistic w/ ATC experience". So does anybody know of any "just for fun" servers out there?

You can do that at VATSIM, just coordinate your plans with ATC or if there is noone around you, you can do whatever you want as long as you do not obstruct traffic flow.

VATSIM has lots of uncontrolled real estate to mess about in. Just set up with buddies in an uncontrolled Zone and go do your thing.

Alternatively, checkout the publicly accessible servers listed through the fsxbeyondgamespy website.

Or perhaps set up your own server and give your buddies the IP to get into your session. This would let you do what you wanted under your own rules.

there sure are bwolfe, at msFlights.net were all about casual flying! We do a lot of fun group events, so check us out: http://msFlights.net/ We also have a teamspeak3 server if you care to hop on and talk/type (fsx chat box is quite hard to communicate in).