Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PWB

FSX won't reinstall

Hi guys

As I am a frequent flyer of FSX, I have experienced a problem yesterday and I can't find any soloution to it....

I 've installed FSX on my external HD(1TB), but I had to format this HD yesterday, conclusion, all my files and the game is gone...

I wanted to reinstall FSX today, so I iserted disk1, as normal and the install help pop-up, but it could only choose between repair or uninstal.

When I choosed Repair, I got the Error 1303, and a error that he couldn't find the original installed filles of FSX(They are gone after the format of my extern HDD)

When I choosed Unistal, it said that it has not enough space to unistal and that it couldn't find the files....same story

I searched the web for it, but there are so many topics about everything and nothing....

Hope someone can help me!!!

Thanx

Unfortunately, in these circumstances, your only option, short of reinstalling Windows, is to use the Windows registry editor and methodically delete most or all references to FSX. If you are not comfortable using regedit, I wouldn't suggest doing this, as you could make your entire Windows installation unusable, if you make an editing mistake.

You might want to try Google first and search for suggestions, as only a few of the FSX registry entries generate the error that you encountered. Also, make sure whatever "manual repair" tutorial you find is specific to your version of Windows. The FSX registry entries are all slightly different for different platforms (32 vs 64 bit, for example).

Another option is to download the freeware version of CCleaner and clean the registry of all the "orphan" registry settings. Make sure that you say yes to the prompts that ask if you want to back up the registry prior to deleting keys. If CCleaner finds FSX registry settings that should be deleted, then this is a more automatic option

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ha ha haaa, I just been through this exact same thing, having to re-install FSX and getting these problems, although my setup is 2 x SSD as 1 big drive in RAID0, the problems were the same.

If you have a look back via my profile at the last few threads I posted in, several others also posted some helpful info too...

Its this thread, it was on the previous page, so you wouldnt have even had to search for it, just hit page 2 of the topics in this section:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/398726-had-to-reinstall-but-having-probs/

Richard...
Amateur Pilot and UK Web Hosting Guru :-)

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

18%
    $4,710.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now