Sign in to follow this  
JDWalley

Logitech gamepad POV issue -- anyone experienced this?

Having installed FSX on my new laptop, I'm trying to get it to work with the Logitech "XBox-style" gamepad. (Yes, I know, a joystick is better...but I can't fit one of those into my laptop bag.) I'm making progress except for one major problem.

With the Logitech, you use the left joystick as the yoke, and the right joystick as your "hat switch" (at least when running a VC). The problem is, the minute you touch that right joystick to move it in any direction, you "jump" to what I can only describe as a higher seat position, so that all but the very top of the instrument panel is off-screen. To look at the instruments, you have to slowly pan down with the right joystick -- and, of course, the second you release it, you jump back to the point where you're looking straight over the panel out the window again. Needless to say, flying without being able to look at the top row of instruments, at least, is not particularly easy!

I doubt very much that I'm the only person to have experienced this problem. Does anyone have a fix for this issue? Thanks!

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Thanks -- I knew that there were commands for that, I just thought they'd fall under View or Look, and was mystified when I couldn't find them.

Actually, when I tweak FSX.cfg to turn on wide-angle view, the problem goes away automatically.

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080