Sign in to follow this  
kunalnigam

FSX getting crashed to desktop upon loading in Win 8 pro

I recently upgraded to win 8 pro 64 bit. For initial 2 days FSX ran smoothly but suddenely it started getting crashed.

I tried registry cleaner, Defragmentation, clean install but nothing helps..

It gets installed & when I run fsx.exe its loads & then crashed..

Error report from event viewer:

Fault bucket 107817089, type 5

Event Name: BEX

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: fsx.exe

P2: 10.0.61637.0

P3: 46fadb14

P4: unknown

P5: 0.0.0.0

P6: 00000000

P7: 00000010

P8: c0000005

P9: 00000008

Sysyem Config :

K53SM-SX010D

Core i5 (2nd Generation)

Variant :2450M

Chipset : Mobile Intel HM65 Express

Clock Speed : 2.5 GHz With Turbo Boost Upto 3.1 GHz

Cache : 3 MB

System Memory : 4 GB DDR3

Hardware Interface : SATA RPM 5400

HDD Capacity 750 GB

Optical Disk Drive : Read/Write Speed 8x

DVD RW SuperMulti Drive with Dual Layer Support

Operating System : Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

Dedicated Graphics Memory Type : DDR3

Graphic Processor : NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M 2GB

I doubt very much that the operating system has anything to do with FSX crashing. Have you installed some add ons to FSX or are we talking about a virgin install. If you have recently installed some extra scenery, try removing it and restarting.

First thoughts

Mike P

Defragmentation, clean install but nothing helps..

Uninstall FSX. Reinstall in non-default directory like C:\FSX.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I found the issue yesterday. I updated the Nvidia driver to the latest one & did the fresh installation to c:\FSX

Its working now but only gets crashed if I open Nvidia control panal & change settings for FSX.

It works fine for default nvidia settings.

<br />Its working now but only gets crashed if I open Nvidia control panal & change settings for FSX.<br />

Never heard of this issue before. Only thing you can do is uninstall the NVIDIA drivers, run a registry cleaner like CCleaner, then reinstall. When you reinstall the drivers, make sure you right click the .exe and run as Admin. Make sure any anti-virus program is disabled (although they do a good job allowing you to install system drivers but just in case). If you are having further problems, download and run AppCrashView - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html and copy and paste the report here. This report provides more information than the Event Viewer and interprets the Microsoft crash report (.wer). Thanks.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hey Jim,

A comment on installing in a the non standard directory- niethor Win7 or Win8 allowed me to do that- ended up with half in my folder and the other half in the programs89....? what ever that standard folder is. Just in the name of Pete do you get it to install somewhere else???

Hey Jim,

A comment on installing in a the non standard directory- niethor Win7 or Win8 allowed me to do that- ended up with half in my folder and the other half in the programs89....? what ever that standard folder is. Just in the name of Pete do you get it to install somewhere else???

I keep mine installed in the default folder so have never tried it but read that when you install FSX, when you insert the first disk, on the screen that says it's going to install FSX in such and such a directory, there's a "Options" box on the bottom of the screen. Click on that and you can set the directory you want it installed. It's sort of hidden and you have to look for it.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM