Sign in to follow this  
flyingnoob

multi monitor using onboard AND GTX 670

Hope this works then. Disable iGPU. Switch the outputs on your gpu. Insert the converter in the DVI-I, that port should carry an analog signal besides the digital, connect VGA-screen to it.

i can do that no problem, but the monitor i have is vga or dvd-d input, i bought a dvd-d - vga adaptor today and its not working, two different tests confirmed that and 2nd monitor is vga only

Plug DVI-monitor in DVI-D, DVI-D has only digital signal. In nVidia settings, or right click desktop/settings, you can switch the pictures...drum roll....

I will get a dvd-d - dvd-d cable tomorrow and i will be good to go.

so in short, if i get a dvdd-dvdd that will go from my card to my main monitor, then i will use my current vga-dvd-i adaptor in a vga-vga cable i hav already for my second monitor and then disable my igpu

my vga-vga works fine, but when i hooked up my dvd-d adaptor, and plugged it into the dvd-d port on g/card and the vga into my 2nd monitor, it did not display, and the NVP showed only one desktop recognised, - and the rigorous checker thing(NVP) would not work, so- my new monitor has a vga and a dvd-d input, so i plugged the dvd-d end into the dvd-d in on the monitor and the vga end into the vga of the mobo, and no display whatsoever,NVP showed nothing also, i will have to get a dvd-d to dvd-d for my main monitor, and use the dvd-i-vga for my 2nd monitor, - hope all this makes sense?? believe me this was hard as hell to explain, yet so simple to perform,

I will get a dvd-d - dvd-d cable tomorrow and i will be good to go.

so in short, if i get a dvdd-dvdd that will go from my card to my main monitor, then i will use my current vga-dvd-i adaptor in a vga-vga cable i hav already for my second monitor and then disable my igpu

my vga-vga works fine, but when i hooked up my dvd-d adaptor, and plugged it into the dvd-d port on g/card and the vga into my 2nd monitor, it did not display, and the NVP showed only one desktop recognised, - and the rigorous checker thing(NVP) would not work, so- my new monitor has a vga and a dvd-d input, so i plugged the dvd-d end into the dvd-d in on the monitor and the vga end into the vga of the mobo, and no display whatsoever,NVP showed nothing also, i will have to get a dvd-d to dvd-d for my main monitor, and use the dvd-i-vga for my 2nd monitor, - hope all this makes sense?? believe me this was hard as hell to explain, yet so simple to perform,

Hi Paul,

A standard DVI-D to VGA convertor will not work. You can only convert from DVI-I to VGA.

If you do a Google search on DVI-D to VGA convertor, you may find a product that will work, but you will also see many instances of products that don't work.

Bill

Hi Paul,

A standard DVI-D to VGA convertor will not work. You can only convert from DVI-I to VGA.

If you do a Google search on DVI-D to VGA convertor, you may find a product that will work, but you will also see many instances of products that don't work.

Bill

Hi Bill, thanks

I have ordered a dvi-d - dvi-d cable, then that way i can connect my main dvi-d input on my monitor to the dvi-d output on my 670, then i will use the dvi-i - vga into my second monitor using the dvi-i output on my 670.

Im sure that will work??

I am still assuming that in full screen mode, my second (17") monitor will be rendered useless?

If i need to use windowed mode on my main so i can use my second monitor for charts etc then so be it, its just that my sim is running MUCH better in full screen mode.

Regards

Paul

Try this. Start FSX, go into windowed mode, pull what ever panels, check lists, and what-not onto 2ndary monitor, go full screen in FSX again, and see if your stuff doesn´t stick on the 2ndary.

Hey Crewe, i tried that yesterday, it just goes to a black screen - just like it did before when i had 2 X 17" monitors, my guess is it will do the same even when i get my dvi-d to dvi-d cable connected, -

When people use eyefinity, im guessing that just spans 3 monitors, so how do they have the 4th one free?

Thanks

Paul

Just like nVidia control panel there would be a setup of collecting three screens as primary monitor and the last as 2nd monitor.

If all else fails, try my afore mentioned solution, use the DVI-VGA converter, and switch connections, so the VGA monitor is connected to the DVI-I, and the DVI-monitor is in the DVI-D socket.

ok, thanks Crewe

EDIT:

Is there any point to overclocking my GTX 670? as currently i am only using 30% of it when running FSX, and thats WITH 8SGSS

No harm done in clocking it up a bit, Inspector will do that for you.

Pass on the 8SGSS thing, I´m ign´ant on that part :rolleyes:

Hey folks,

DVI-D - DVI-D came today, and main monitor is connected that way and 2nd monitor is connected up DVI-I -VGA and running fine.

One question though, i am overclocking the gtx670 using unigine for benchmarking, and when using "full screen" i can move my mouse over to the other monitor - when i ran 2 screens before and ran benchies in full screen, it completely blanked 2nd monitor out.

Is this normal for the gtx 670 etc?

Regards

Paul