Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Looking for an Airbus

been looking at Wilco Airbus Series Evolution Vol.2 and Aerosoft X extended. Wilco looks more fully featured as it supports SIDS/STARS and the glass displays pop-out. Any thoughts?

Well if you want really complete Airbus I would wait for FSLabs A320 which will be very likely released at some point later this year, it will be top notch quality.

But if you don't bother waiting I would recommend either Blackbox Simulations Airbus or Aerosoft Airbus Extended. Extended is graphically better from these two but Blackbox does have some more features at least at the moment, final version isn't out yet though but if you buy it you will get all the updates for free I think.

I second FSCamp's advice, but as you're talking about the WIlco vol.2, which IIRC is the long range models, there's actually no confirmed alternative to the WIlco buses. Aerosoft and FSL haev talked about making the larger Airbuses, too, but no official announcement yet (as far as I know). But there some freeware Airbuses by Thomas Ruth, that IMHO look better than the Wilco visual models, so maybe it's possible to merge them with the WIlco systems and VC.

yes I am looking for a longer range model to compliment my PMDG 737 and to fill the gap before the PMDG 777 comes out.

Does the WIlco vol.2 have a proper FMC with SIDS/STARS, full autoland with flare, pop-out glass panels and FSBuild flight plan importing?

Does the Wilco have the same automated co-pilot function like the Aerosoft?

Does the WIlco vol.2 have a proper FMC with SIDS/STARS, full autoland with flare, pop-out glass panels and FSBuild flight plan importing?

I only have their A320 family, but that one had a proper FMC(though it's not called an FMC on the Airbus IIRC) and pop-up panels. I didn't ever do an autoland, so I don't know it, but I think I've read somehwere that it isn't that good. Neither did I try to import any flightplans, so I can't help you out here.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Generally speaking, I think the features are more or less the same on both packages, just the aircraft model differ.

yes I am looking for a longer range model to compliment my PMDG 737 and to fill the gap before the PMDG 777 comes out.

Yes, it has proper FMC, including SIDs/STARs, but it's VNAV is buggy. Full autoland is not a problem as well, and PFD/ND/ECAM pop ups are available. Their FD is buggy as well. When AP is not engaged, its FD becomes wrong! That's a big pain for manual flying. (Also, the FBW modeling is horrible.)

Looks like I might have to stick with Boeings! Dont want to waste $40 odd. i thought they fixed all the issues with the latest v2 release?

What do people think of the CLS A340?

You might consider the MD-11 if you don't already have it. It is certainly different enough systems wise to be 'not another Boeing'. In many ways it is similar to the Airbus in terms of automation. You can find aerosoft box versions on amazon reasonably cheap.

BBS seems to be pretty good, not completed yet but I believe it's better than Wilco at least, it could be worth using until FSLabs comes at some point, that one will truly be the ultimate Airbus simulation.

// never mind, you are apparently looking for longer range model then...

So yeah until FSLabs makes an A330 which will probably take pretty long Wilco Airbus V2 is pretty much the only choice.

Then the solution is what another friend suggested before:

PMDG MD-11

Superb system simulation and depth, and a very airbus-like aircraft, "smart"-enough, and with lots of automation.

Or you can try the maddog md-80 which is good in the simulation of the systems

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg