Sign in to follow this  
andy a

737ngx displays only 1 departure point

Hi Folks

I'm a PMDG newbie, so I hope you'll excuse me if I have done/not done something stupid, which may be the cause of my difficulty.

I have the PMDG 747-400X and the PMDG 737NGX. I use FS Build and Radar Contact, and have Navigraph AIRAC CYCLE 1302 installed.

I had a flight plan created per FSBuild, KBOS-KEWR (Boston-Newark), which was saved as an FSX.PLN and as a PMDG .rte.

I entered KBOSKEWR as COROUTE in the 737 CDU together with the other necessary data, Perf Init, N1 Limit etc.

On the ND, the departure waypoint TJAYY was visible, and after take off the aircraft flew via this point.I was flying with LNAV and VNAV selected, and both FD swiches on. However, the next waypoint which came into view on the ND was PATSS, by which time I was about 80 miles further on from BRRRO. BRRRO is in fact listed in FS Build as the next point after TJAYY. Radar Contact then told me I was "off the airway". I presumed this was because waypoints were missed?

I have been trying to figure out what the source of the problem may be, the 737NGX, FS Build or Radar Contact. Tonight however, I decided to try flying the same route in the PMDG 747-400x. The ND did in fact display all the DPs as they were listed in FS Build, namely TJAYY, BRRRO, CH WDH, GLLET, HEWMO, BONNZ, BTENA, ROEDE.

I'm trying really hard to get my 72 year old brain around all this really interesting new stuff which is sooo much better than flying the default FSX planes.

I would be very pleased if someone could offer some assistance to me in regard to the 737 flying the route per the FMC rather than me having to HDG Select course changes on the departure.

Kind regards

Andy

andy a

Hi,

I would like to help you, but I am having a little trouble understanding what the actual problem was (it's getting late over here).

IF the problem was that all the waypoints didn't get included in the FMC route, I would advice you to make the input manually. Most of the time, I'll do it manually. Doesn't take long when using the keypad function.

Hmm... The waypoints you mention are all part of the BLZZR ONE departure out of KBOS, which leads me to believe that you might have forgotten to select a SID using the FMC DEP/ARR page. The thing is, when you import a company route into the FMC via the ROUTE page, the SID is not imported along with it. Therefore, you should go to the DEP/ARR page next, select DEP, and select the departure runway and the SID manually (and then check the LEGS page for any route discontinuities and resolve them).

Clear as mud?

Cheers.

Thank you both for your prompt replies.

Petja, as I mentioned, the 747-400x did in fact fly the SID, with all the points listed on the legs page of it's CDU, and I don't understand why the 737NGX CDU does not do likewise...but what do I know :). However, I thank you for pointing out that the SID is not imported with the FS Build plan.

Daniel, thank you too for your help.

Kind regards

Andy

andy a

The 737NGX gets rid of any SID/STAR included in CO RTE supplied by external program. Ryan or Robert talked about the reasons for that, here on the forum somewhere.

Anyway just select the same procedure in the FMC and off you go.