Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kmkc6403

Question for those who run with AI Traffic and Aivlasoft's EFB

I just recently bought Aivlasoft's Electronic Flight Bag and absolutely love it. It now has replaced Flight Sim Commander as my main flight planner/moving map/2nd monitor app. But heres the problem, all this time i have been using the FSX atc system for IFR flights and now with EFB and being able to do a real approach like it should be done(as i imagine it done in the real skies above me) fsx atc has a fit because im not following their vectors and doing all that zigzagging around that the fsx atc is infamous for.

So here is my problem. Either i just dont use the fsx atc system and fly my routes and sid/stars the way it shows on the EFB charts, and risk having some unrealistic encounters on a final approach with some AI plane that is also landing on the same runway i am or i just fly without AI traffic in the sky, thereby saving some fps for clouds and weather, but at the cost of having lonely deserted airports.

I know the other option is to fly on VATSIM or IVAO. I have an old account on VATSIM that has gone dormant and im trying to clear that up with them now. I looked into IVAO and their website is all wonky atm so i cant even register there yet.

Id like to know how others would handle this problem.

If I fly on Vatsim I stop my AI, so that I only see the pilots who are online.

Flying offline I "put up with FSX interpretation of ATC".

All the best

denis

I disable FSX ATC and use Radar Contact (RC) when not online. It provides more realistic ATC and accounts for AI.

VATSIM is great, I have never looked back. Its great to talk to other people.