Sign in to follow this  
62pack

Uncontollable Aircraft with Add-ons

I own several add-ons to FS2004. Namely Air Hauler, FSPassengers, Delta, United, and Northwest Adventures, and Airline Pilot, just to name a few. I do however have a problem which makes most of these add-ons worthless in FS2004.

It seems no matter which add-on I run, after everything is set up and I get in the cockpit, the aircraft becomes a bear to handle. At push back, the aircraft wants to go into circles. Taxiing becomes a nightmare and if I actually get the aircraft to the runway to takeoff, after I'm cleared by ATC, I begin takeoff and the aircraft immediately wants to pull to the left and renders my stick useless. no matter how much input I put in to the right, the aircraft continues to want to go left, and I end up in the weeds.

Let me also add that without these add-ons, just running FS2004, my aircraft run smooth.

I also had a situation where I ran a United flight through United adventures and decided to create a different flight with an aircraft that is a breeze to fly.....not through the United adventures, and it was as if it saved the settings of the previous flight and my smooth ride with my trusty "easy to fly" aircraft turned into a nightmare. I had to exit out of FS2004, and re-run it.

Anyone else fighting with this and have a fix?

It sounds like your controller is not calibrated properly. The addon programs are not seeing the joystick or controller. Perhaps one of the programs you installed reconfigured some of your controller settings. I would quit fs9 then go to Start, All Programs, Microsoft Games, FS2004, Troubleshooting, Reset defaults. Restart the game.

In regards to the United Adventures program, I think the cfg for the program only allows a certain aircraft with the proper modelling and proper aircraft.cfg. I would check the configuration for the United Adventures program and make sure the aircraft you are selecting are the same as shown in the configuration. Perhaps the developers of United Adventures wanted to make sure individuals like you didn't try to change the configuration as their program works best in the way they developed it.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

...the aircraft wants to go into circles...

Sounds like your X axis potentiometer is breaking track and this keeps pulling you one way more than the other, depending on the wiring of the pot.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

OP

Let me also add that without these add-ons, just running FS2004, my aircraft run smooth.

And

Sounds like your X axis potentiometer is breaking track
It sounds like your controller is not calibrated properly.

Shame%20On%20You.gif

If :rolleyes: the statement by OP is exact .. we can immediately discard any problems with the joystick to be a source of problems in the sim ^_^

Disconnect your joystick and rudder. Start FSx and use your keyboard to Pushback and move around with. Use a default aircraft to do this with. If no problems then like you figure, its in your joystick or your joystick config. When you plug the joystick back in, go through the calibration and resetup the axis. Try a default aircraft and determine for certain if it's the United program, etc or the Joystick.

Process of elimination.

Ron W