Sign in to follow this  
Kaboki

Flight replicas Super cub?

Guest tymk

Some tail hopping lol. I get the whole plane jumping up and down like crazy and sometimes make the plane nose over. But I have to say, It doesn't happen all the time and pushing full throttle makes it stop for me, so I can live with it(Have crash detection turned off so i don't need to reset the flight and can continue when the bouncing stops).

Yep, same here. I actually gave up trying to make this plane work a few months ago, but I reinstalled it yesterday (prompted by this discussion). Safe landing off-airport is pretty much impossible, no matter what I try (coming in at the verge of a stall, making a flat approach with speed to spare, everything pretty much ends in a nose over).

I then conducted some tests at Clam Harbor (part of the ORBX KORS package), which is a great place for STOL practice. I tried landing various planes, several times each. With the AccuSim'ed A2A J-3 Cub and the RA Scout (both on tundra wheels), I had no issue putting them down gently with no porpoising whatsoever. With the FR Super Cub, touching down just above stall speed at less than -50 ft/sec sent me jumping up 10 ft or more every time.

Next, I did some taxi tests. All three planes behaved OK on the main part of the SW runway (which slopes gently up) and on the flat bit next to the buildings. On the bit that slopes down towards the sea, however, the A2A and RA birds just wobbled gently, whereas the FR SC began jumping like crazy, then finally nosed over.

Uninstalled again... which is a shame, because I really wanted to love this one :sad2:

Some tail hopping lol. I get the whole plane jumping up and down like crazy and sometimes make the plane nose over.

Again... all I can say is I do not experience that anywhere near to the degree you are saying.  

Im not the best to explain but I'll give it another shot  .

I understood... again I do not have that problem.

I have all Realism settings to the Right... Crash Detection on (we have to for RTWR and more "fun" anyway :P ).

The only thing I can think is - I do have Autorudder checked.  Maybe that is what is making the difference (I use a Saitek X-65F).  Your Autorudder off I take it?

Uninstalled again... which is a shame, because I really wanted to love this one

I don't have Orbx KORS unfortunately... just the Orbx Areas.

What I would do before giving up would be to contact the developer.

And not on landing or take off on the "strip" itself, but on taxiing around on top of the hill. 

"Funny" you should mention that as I had a clip taxiing to the top of Mile Hi from where I stopped, but decided to remove it as I did not want to bore anyone (any more than "already" :P ) with an additional idk 30 secs or so.  

I have the FR Super Cub Ultra - like it a lot. I think the Ultra is newer than the plain super cub and also has the FD done by Bernt Stolle

Guest tymk

Again... all I can say is I do not experience that anywhere near to the degree you are saying.

There's one thing I'd like to check before I give up trying... Could I ask you to paste the contents of the "[contact_points]" section in your plane's "aircraft.cfg" file and check the date of your *.air file (mine is April 19, 2010)? Maybe there has been a fix that wasn't included in the SimMarket installer? Thanks in advance!

All *.air files were April 19, 2010 except the L-18 / L-21 (Jan / Feb 2010) and Standard was the 18th April.

Guest tymk

All *.air files were April 19, 2010 except the L-18 / L-21 (Jan / Feb 2010) and Standard was the 18th April.

Thank you for checking, everything is exactly the same as on my machine... I'm running out of ideas, but I think I'll still try some more tweaking :Nerd: Increasing damping values to something a bit extreme helps, and lowering the static CG prevents the nose-overs, but I'm worried this kind of fiddling may cause problems elsewhere...

Well, the strips up high in Idaho are beyond my skill level anyway, so I'll just keep practicing around the San Juan Islands in the A2A Cub for the time being :wink:

Thank you again for helping me verify the configs!

The developer has been contacted, and has tried to help with edit suggestions in the config, as have others.  The problem remains for me, although some of the edits improved things. 

I have all Realism settings to the Right... Crash Detection on (we have to for RTWR and more "fun" anyway ).

I use full realism except cras detect. The crash detection annoys me, because of all the invisible crash boxes. :wacko: had many flights ruined with that before I stopped using it..

Maybe the rudder issue I have can be solved with some FSUIPC settings or something, just thinking loudly?