Sign in to follow this  
Anthony25368

fps question

I was wondering if people that say they have 30 fps solid if that number fluctuates or just shows 30 when hitting shift-z. Mine goes from 30 down to 25 and all over the place actually.

Just wonder if someone has their system set so their fps counter just shows 30.

Thank You

Anthony

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

If, moment-to-moment, there are fluctuations under a preset limit such as 30FPS, then sure you will see this.  If, you are never going below your preset 30fps limit (or other arbitrary limit), then shift-z should show a very narrow range of variance, much lower than your experience of 30 down to 25.  That's my sense of how it works.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Yes I have my fps limited inside fsx to 30. When I watch the counter it actually will go to 29.5- 16.5 very quickly, no stutters when it does this but I was wondering if anyone has the counter pegged at 30.

Thanks

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

but I was wondering if anyone has the counter pegged at 30.

If your getting into areas where the the sim can't handle it(e.g seattle with to high settings or complex planes), you'll get some drops in FPS. Most of the time I'm able to hold stable 30FPS if using just GA planes(settings balanced to be able to do this), using the NGX it gets hard to maintain that 30.

With DX10, I usually receive a solid 30 frames/s (occasionally 29.8 or so— negligible fluctuation) in exterior views with the PMDG B747.

With DX10, I usually receive a solid 30 frames/s (occasionally 29.8 or so— negligible fluctuation) in exterior views with the PMDG B747.

Are you able to maintain that around Seattle with Orbx at ground level with the PMDG? If so I might jump on the DX10 bandwagon myself..

Thanks for the perspective. I have noticed that my frames really drop inside the vc of the ngx. When I look outside, wingview, etc I get a lock of 30 fps, Any idea how I can fix this problem.

Thank You

Anthony

Are you able to maintain that around Seattle with Orbx at ground level with the PMDG? If so I might jump on the DX10 bandwagon myself..

I do not fly in the United States or use FTX products, but believe exterior views around Seattle in the PMDG B747 with DX10 would still render at a solid 30 frames/s.

y frames really drop inside the vc of the ngx. When I look outside, wingview, etc I get a lock of 30 fps, Any idea how I can fix this problem.

This behavior is expected (and exaggerated by DX10), due to the complexity of cockpit systems. Such a performance difference will always exist, but you can try tweaking (follow the AVSIM FSX Hardware and Software Guide) and/or upgrading your hardware.