Sign in to follow this  
Petermuc3

Get puzzled with MCE

Hi,

I downloaded the trial version of MCE and did a couple of flights with the Airbus X Extended. I have to say I am a bit confused.

There are a lot of possible sound commands but not in a kind of flow. So let's say I am in the cockpit of the AXE c&d. Where do

I start? The Airbus X Check is not working 100% nor is it complete. I saw in a video "Electrical power up with ground power"; fine works,

but where is that in the documentation? Or before you run a checklist you have to run a flow or procedure. Nothing mentionend in

the documentation. During approach the F/O is challenging me for a checklist answer, but I did not call a checklist; he is also saying

loc, loc, loc again and again until touchdown; annoying.

I am not able to contact ATC. I can contact Ground Services (GSX or AES), but they do not react to eg."start passenger boarding".

For my taste the FO is a bit too funny.

If someone has a working flow/procedures for the AXE, ATC, Ground Services I'd love to see it.

I know that I do not have problems with the speech recognition itself as with the other program I use I do have nearly a 100% hitrate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

Peter, look in your MCE install folder, there is a sub folder called "DOCS" as in Documents, you will find the flow documents and procedures for all the aircraft, including the AXE.<br />

Hi,

I downloaded the trial version of MCE and did a couple of flights with the Airbus X Extended. I have to say I am a bit confused.

There are a lot of possible sound commands but not in a kind of flow. So let's say I am in the cockpit of the AXE c&d. Where do

I start? The Airbus X Check is not working 100% nor is it complete. I saw in a video "Electrical power up with ground power"; fine works,

but where is that in the documentation? Or before you run a checklist you have to run a flow or procedure. Nothing mentionend in

the documentation. During approach the F/O is challenging me for a checklist answer, but I did not call a checklist; he is also saying

loc, loc, loc again and again until touchdown; annoying.

I am not able to contact ATC. I can contact Ground Services (GSX or AES), but they do not react to eg."start passenger boarding".

For my taste the FO is a bit too funny.

If someone has a working flow/procedures for the AXE, ATC, Ground Services I'd love to see it.

I know that I do not have problems with the speech recognition itself as with the other program I use I do have nearly a 100% hitrate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Suggest you restart to factory settings

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings. Answer "Yes" when prompted.

That will force a rerun of the wizard (a separate application) that will ensure all default scripts for the AXE are copied to

\My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\Aircraft\ folder

Just breeze through the application wizard this time. No need for speech training.

Thanks for quick answer guys,

there are no flow documents for the AXE in the documents; just checklists.

Gerald, again during approach I get weird challenges from the F/O and a repeated loc,loc,loc.....

Thaks

Peter

Peter

Thanks for quick answer guys,

there are no flow documents for the AXE in the documents; just checklists.

Gerald, again during approach I get weird challenges from the F/O and a repeated loc,loc,loc.....

Thaks

Peter

I assume you installed version 2.5.2.8

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Paper Tutorials->MCE Airbus X flows with GSX. 

GSX itself isn't required. It could be equally AES. You could eventually ignore the verbal exchange with ramp manager mentioned in the doc.

Go to <Command> section of the UI and click <VoxScript> button. You should see a number of pre-made scripts (which you can modify). The name of the script is the trigger sentence.

If you can't see any suggest you rerun the application wizard.

Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Run app wizard.

The "lock" is probably related to the FMA callout. My guess is that it keeps changing often between another mode and LOC causing FO to report it every time it changes.

We can always disable that via an option in mce.ini

Peter I can email you the flow document for the AXE if you like? It is strange because I got it when I installed MCE.

Thanks again,

I was blind, found the flow. I also reran the app wizard. So will try again another flight today.

Peter

Peter

It was working much better with the F/O until I reach the approach phase, the F/O continously "Ready to reply to the checklist challenge" or similar so I have to close MCE. Still no luck to get GSX working by voice commands.

Peter

Peter

Peter, the "ready to reply to the checklist challenge" I have heard when he is about to read a checklist, did you am him for a checklist? You can always say "cancel this", it is possible he has a few commands queued up, just tell him to cancel a few times and hopefully he clears it.

Make sure by asking him to do something else, like turn on th landing lights, etc. if it works, he is no longer blocked and is ready to go.

I use GSX all the time with it, the easiest way is to go to your /appdata/roaming/multiverse experience folder, here you will find the configurations settings, open the small file and you will find a lot of text commands...find the line that says :

Groundservicesmode=Native and simply change the word Native with GSX.

Then find the line that says:

PushwithGSXandAES=0 and Change the value to 1

Save and start FSX , put your aircraft at the gate, parking brake ON. Then start MCE. If parking brake is not on, GSX will not start.

You should be right to go! It works really well.