Sign in to follow this  
Rook17

confirm product specifications

Hey Guys,

I have a couple questions to ask.

1. I bought the 747x a year ago more or less at Frys Electronics. I bought a new computer that has windows 7 professional and I noticed that the box only has XP and Vista shown. Should it still be able to work?

2. I was thinking about buying the -8. Are the graphics the same as the NGX?

Welcome to AVSIM!

The PMDG B747 works on Windows 7.

The virtual cockpit (VC) of the PMDG B747-8 extension is the same as that of the PMDG B747-400. I actually think the exterior model of the PMDG B747-400 is better than that of the PMDG B747-8, especially since the former can be upgraded to McPhat Studios HD repaints.

In any case, I suggest waiting for the upcoming PMDG B747 V2, B747-8 V2, or B777, which will feature improved performance, systems complexity, and visuals.

Yeah it should work just as good as it would on XP/Vista. I have the 747X installed on my machine, I'm running Windows 7, all works great. No issues. 

As for the 8/8i; (I didn't buy the 8 as I didn't feel the need for it). As Owen said, I would also recommend you wait for the 747 V2.0, as it will have a significant improvement in visuals, performance and system complexity | and the 747-8 will feature the same features as the real aircraft does, unlike what it has at the moment.