Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Need help with some DX10 issues

Hi all,

I just started flying in DX10 and I'm loving it.  I can have light bloom turned on, UTX night lights, etc and still get very smooth performance.  I don't think I can fly in DX9 again lol.

So far I have installed the patch that fixed main issues like flickering runway textures, etc.

I noticed that my nav and strobe lights don't work shortly after take off.  I've tested this on my PMDG MD-11 and default 747.  If I view the aircraft from the front and back, the lights work, but when I view it from the side, it doesn't.

I pasted the 7 files from the link on Paul J's "how to" guide into my effects folder but it didn't do anything.  I made a backup of the effects folder prior, so when it didn't work, I deleted the one with the 7 files and moved the original back in.

Did I miss something for the light fix?  

I also have a question about addonconverterX.  I also have quite a few Just Flight/CLS aircrafts (DC-10, A330, etc).  I'm thinking about buying it.  Anybody know if this add on work on those aircrafts?

I'd like to thank Paul J, Steve and others for taking the time to make DX10 what it is today.  

Thanks 

The Addon_Converter_X runs in demo mode for 10 minutes so that you can check to see if it fixes problems.  So I would just install it and see what happens.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim.  I just checked simmarket and the demo is available for download there.  Gonna give it a shot.

As for my strobe/nav lights... Anybody know anything about it?  It seems to turn off after I pass 2000ft.  This and the rain issue are the only things left for me to fix in DX10.  I still haven't done the rain fix yet.

Here's a ready-made rain fix Maurice. Just rename the old rain40.fx, as a backup, and copy this one into it's place.

I received your email on the lights, and have replied.

All the Best,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I just did some more testing and thought I'd share my observations. These tests were done with the light fix files placed in the Effects folder.

First I tried the CLS MD-81/82. Not a single problem with lights here. I went past 10 000ft everything is perfect.

This aircraft was advertised as DX10 compatible. I'm guessing it doesn't share any sort of lighting files and cfg with the default aircrafts. Just a guess.

Next I tried the default 737. Lights are working but not visible from certain angles. Looking at the lights using outside view, they would sometimes disappear as I move the view from, say, from the side of the aircraft to the back. This happens on the ground and in the air. Beacons don't seem to light up but their reflections do.

Then I tried the PMDG MD-11. Everything work fine until I'm about 2000ft up. At this stage, it's plagued with the same problem as those listed on the 737. The lights are visible most times but when I try to get a side view of the aircraft, the lights go out.

When using wing view, nav and strobes are visible but once I get to 2000ft, they disappear.

One thing I'm thinking about trying, is installing REX again and install one of their aircraft nav and strobe lights theme. I'm currently using AS2012 for textures but it doesn't include nav lights. Just strobe. The external lights on my aircrafts are default.

Are you DX10 users using default or REX external aircraft lights?

This is weird.  Just tried again with the MD-11 and the lights are showing same behavior as the default 737 while on the ground now.

I am also suffering from lights on/off.

I got so focused on the lights, so i had to switch back to DX9.

I tried installing many different lights, many different settings, nothing helped.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD