Sign in to follow this  
_andreas_

Reading door annunciators via SDK?

Hello!

I'm writing software for my simulator using the 737NGX SDK and everything works well so far, but I just got stuck when trying to read the overhead door annunciator statuses. Unlike all other annunciators so far, I simply can not find them in the SDK.

The events for the doors are listed under "Custom shortcut special events" (e.g. EVT_DOOR_CARGO_FWD, EVT_DOOR_EQUIPMENT_HATCH, EVT_DOOR_AIRSTAIR and so on), but I'm unable to locate their values anywhere in the PMDG_NGX_Data struct.

Any clues?

/Andreas

FS2crew is able to reads the NGX's doors status. Maybe give them a shot to see if they'll give you a hint.

Hello!

I'm writing software for my simulator using the 737NGX SDK and everything works well so far, but I just got stuck when trying to read the overhead door annunciator statuses. Unlike all other annunciators so far, I simply can not find them in the SDK.

The events for the doors are listed under "Custom shortcut special events" (e.g. EVT_DOOR_CARGO_FWD, EVT_DOOR_EQUIPMENT_HATCH, EVT_DOOR_AIRSTAIR and so on), but I'm unable to locate their values anywhere in the PMDG_NGX_Data struct.

Any clues?

/Andreas

HI,

AS there is no SDK variables(outputs) that indicates door status I start the plane from an known configuration ( all doors closed). Then I have a flag indicator to tell status for each door that toogles with the door EVT ( input command). Implemented in my next OC4BA release that includes OVH handling via sioc script for OC hardware.

rgs

rgs 

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. I can probably work around this issue somehow but I thought that the point of having an SDK was to enable easy access to this data rather than having to find various workarounds.

So far I've found a total of 16 overhead annunciators that are nowhere to be found as SDK variables (nor as standard SimConnect variables). This seems like too big of a number to be just a small oversight in the SDK so I'm wondering if I'm missing something obvious here. I also wonder if I'm going to get similar surprises when I start to implement all the buttons and switches...

/Andreas

I've located the LVARs for the annunciators I'm looking for so I can now successfully get the missing data. I guess that's how FS2Crew does it as well. I was kind of expecting to be able to access this data directly via the SDK so it's definitely on my wish list for a future update.

Hi,

Could you tell me which 16 OVH annunciators you are missing from the SDK. Just wants to compare to my findings and the ticket I have sent to PMDG.

I know of the door annunciators and all the DC/AC voltage/amps in the Metering panel.

rgs

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Also the auto fail/off sched descent/altn/manual annunciators. I couldn't find any Lvars for those though, perhaps they aren't implemented at all?

What I ended up doing is a small Lua script for FSUIPC that monitors the Lvars for the doors

(NGXFwdLeftCabinDoor, NGXAftLeftCabinDoor, NGXOverwingLeftEmerExit and so on...). When a door is opened or closed, I write the annunciator statuses using ipc.writeUD() to a writable offset that originally stores some value that isn't used for the NGX.

I can then read and process this value using simconnect from my main program just as I already read other values.

Not very pretty but it works.

Better later than never...

If you read the comments in the SDK structure it says:

// The rest of the controls and indicators match their standard FSX counterparts
   // and can be accessed using the standard SimConnect means.

So, if there is not present in the SDK you access them via simconnect, there is nothing wrong with that.