Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

yet another positive experience with P3D...

Scott,

"That muddies some already muddy waters even more."

I is not having a complete understanding how it all works .. or does not work with paid for (P3D) products.

I first noticed a problem when iFly737NG for P3D was not getting a Service Pack 3.1.1 (many fixex)... which released for  the F9/FX versions ... well over a month ago ...2-13-13 or about !

Some things are not "mixing" as we have experienced in all past years of flight simm-ing.

At the end of the day all we want to do (IMO) is spend money on Flight sim products and services and have fun learning how to fly GA and heavy metal .. and many pilots here are already real world pilots, controllers etc.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Not really sure about how they divide things - I've always viewed it as one company addressing two different markets, one commercial and the other consumer.  I didn't realize they were selling the iFly737 for P3D there - and marketing it for Home and Student only.  That muddies some already muddy waters even more.

Scott

Thats a step forward, at least manufacturers are starting to allow products to be used in P3D, not sure why PMDG have such a hard time in doing this.  After all money is money.   

Thats a step forward, at least manufacturers are starting to allow products to be used in P3D, not sure why PMDG have such a hard time in doing this.  After all money is money.   

PMDG has a legal obligation to Boeing, where it licensed many of the intellectual data that makes PMDG products so great.  That legal agreement prohibit PMDG from having their products on a FAA sanctioned training platform like P3D.  PMDG will support their commercial customer on P3D though.

To me P3D would be out of reach for recreational users like many of us had it not have the academic license.  I had tried out P3D 1.3 a while back and found to significant advantage over FSX.  I have now removed all FSX's problematic settings: no road traffics, low boat/ship traffic and set AI traffic to 20% and I get no issue.  I don't know if using P3D will completely eliminate OOM and CTD.  The NGX is the one that seem to cause most of the OOM issues for me before I lower my settings, unfortunately I got no first hand experience as to how it will behave in p3D.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

The NGX is the one that seem to cause most of the OOM issues for me before I lower my settings, unfortunately I got no first hand experience as to how it will behave in p3D.

I will try the 777 when it get's released and will report my findings :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

The BEST Civil Flightsim IS (this week... ) X-Plane 12.1 beta 7 !!! No other comes even close to it...

VuPam,

"PMDG will support their commercial customer on P3D though."

Just wondering, does that mean PMDG is selling a PMDG737NG commercial product for P3D?

Best Regards,

VuPam,

"PMDG will support their commercial customer on P3D though."

Just wondering, does that mean PMDG is selling a PMDG737NG commercial product for P3D?

Honestly I don't know.  You would have to ask them.  Robert did reply about commercial customer support in P3D from here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/402744-pmdg-777-and-preapr3d/

I will try the 777 when it get's released and will report my findings :-)

No!  You say you don't have the NGX?  Sure ;)

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

No!  You say you don't have the NGX?  Sure ;)

Honest, I don't have it. Actually I am trying to decide between it and the iFly model.

I did buy the 1st 744, when launched in 2006 for fs9, and used it with fsx as well.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

The BEST Civil Flightsim IS (this week... ) X-Plane 12.1 beta 7 !!! No other comes even close to it...

VuPam,

Thanks for the follow up and the link ...

Looks like PMDG does not have any aircraft for P3D.

Best Regards,

but if alot of people move to P3D, I am sure a new license can be drawn up, $ is $ 

And just how does one purchase the "commercial" version? I made the same inquiry via RXP's contact form three weeks ago and received only the automated reply, "Thank you for contacting..."

Has anyone gotten further?

No. Only there commercial version.

Jim Hoffman

but if alot of people move to P3D, I am sure a new license can be drawn up, $ is $ 

P3D is a training platform.  I believe PMDG license agreement with Boeing is not for training purpose.  We will see, but prepare to pay!  LOL

Vu Pham

P3D is a training platform.  I believe PMDG license agreement with Boeing is not for training purpose.  We will see, but prepare to pay!  LOL

But it has also been stated that it can be used in the home environment.

I dont see why it would be thousands of $, IFLY $79 http://www.flight1tech.com/Products/AircraftSimulations/737NGforPrepar3D.aspx